Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

missed 25 week appointment.... and had row with midwife. what should i do now??

(7 Posts)
rosiedays Tue 09-Apr-13 14:31:30

I was meant to see my midwife today but i got stuck in city traffic and was 10 mins late. the midwife called and said she would have to refuse to see me even though i was nearly there. she then went on and on about how busy she was and how many women she had to see and that she would'nt finnish till 8pm bla bla bla!!! she couldn't find an available appointment in her diary.
I did point out that every time i've been to see her i've had to wait atleast 45 mins after appointment time to see her but i did understand that it was my fault for being late but she just went on and on about how busy she was. Not once did she ask if i / baby were ok
I got so fed up with her i told her to forget it, that i had moved to the other side of the city and would be regestering with a new surgery and would make an appointment through them.

Now home and so upset!

I have no real concerns re my pregnancy right now, I feel well and baby kicking. What would she have checked today? what have i missed?? should i just go to new surgery tomorrow and arrange appointments?

you'd think a MW would know better than to moan to a pregnant woman!!

ExpatAl Tue 09-Apr-13 15:21:45

Hi Rosie. She sounds lovely - such a charmer. Why didn't she just see the next person in line and fit you in afterwards when you'd arrived? Anyway, I don't know what is checked at the 25 week apt so hopefully someone more useful will be along. Glad it's going well.

TinkyPeet Tue 09-Apr-13 15:23:37

Hmm, if it helps, I'm 25 weeks, last saw my mw at 14 weeks an see her again at 28 weeks, so if you're okay an feeling regular and normal movement, then don't worry too much just book in with the new surgery an explain to your new mw what went on x

janey1234 Tue 09-Apr-13 15:26:24

I had my 25 midwife appointment (I presume that's what it was!) at 26+3 with a consultant. Anyway, the only real checks they did were weight, blood pressure, measured fundal height and checked urine. All pretty standard, but I'd try and get another appt (everything has been fine for me so far, but at that appointment I had raised blood pressure and protein in my urine so need closer monitoring for the rest of my pregnancy apparently) just to check everything is fine. Sure it is though!

janey1234 Tue 09-Apr-13 15:27:23

By the way, the number of appts you should have depend on whether it's your first pregnancy or not.

Detailed list here

Purplemonster Tue 09-Apr-13 15:32:18

At my 25 week appointment they checked urine, blood pressure, heartbeat and measured bump, I was I and out in 5 mins and I've got another appointment at 28 weeks anyway so I don't think you probably missed anything too desperate, just try to get booked in somewhere new. I always seem to have to wait nearly an hour after my appointment time as well, I know they're busy but it is annoying.

rosiedays Tue 09-Apr-13 16:13:00

Thanks Ladies, hi AL
i've had a brew and spoke to DH, feeling much better now
I really didn't have much faith in her anyway (and DH took an instant dislike to her) she was obsessed with paperwork and birth plans!! lol
i'll book an appointment when i drop the forms into new surgery tomorrow.
reminder to self........... don't stress the small stuff........
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now