Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Upper back pain in third trimester

(5 Posts)
Bunnychan Tue 09-Apr-13 14:20:33

Hi
I started having upper back pain at night a week ago or so but I'm starting to get it in the day time too. If I stand for too long it hurts. If I sit for too long, it hurts and lying down just makes it worse full stop. I'm seeing the midwife on thurs but its getting more unbearable each day.
Any tips or advice to help me get through the next couple of days?
Thanks x

Gingerpanther27 Tue 09-Apr-13 17:30:11

it might be a trapped nerve from round the front i.e. under your ribs as im suffering with it as well x

Havingkittens Tue 09-Apr-13 18:13:49

Or it could be the intercostal muscles between your ribs which stretch as your bump gets higher. I had this, it was really painful for about 2-3 weeks and then settled down. I did have a couple of massages which helped.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 09-Apr-13 18:18:41

Or it could be a kidney infection - I had a UTI in the first trimester and it tracked to my kidney. You can take regular paracetamol for the pain if you aren't already but if it gets worse, get an emergency appointment with a GP.

Bunnychan Tue 09-Apr-13 18:25:25

Thanks, I'm still struggling but hopefully if it is a uti, it will come up on Thurs with the mw. It feels either skeletal or musculuar, I can't tell which one tho x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now