Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding after sex

(5 Posts)
CuteLittleToes Tue 09-Apr-13 12:43:37

I'm 7+2 today and last week (I think i was 6+3) when we had sex I had some light bleeding afterwards. It was only when I wiped, and it was bright but quite light red - wouldn't really call it pink. There was nothing the next morning or days after.

Yesterday when we had sex I had the same thing again. I have read it can happen due to softening of cervix, and is nothing to worry about. However, it does freak me out a little...

Has anyone had the same thing at this stage, and does it stop?

CuteLittleToes Wed 10-Apr-13 12:49:07

Bump... sad

TheOrchardKeeper Wed 10-Apr-13 12:51:49

I had it a little but then had more and more so stopped with the sex for a while (out of my own anxiety really, once I had more blood the second time I was too worried to do it again).

I waited til the 12wk scan and everything was ok so I carried on after that and no blood.

Not sure why as I never got it checked out. My MW at the time said it was probably from the plug forming (which is very bloody) and some of it coming away. Not sure it was but thought i'd post my experience anyway in case it helps smile

Have you asked your MW?

CuteLittleToes Wed 10-Apr-13 12:58:19

Thanks Orchard!

I don't have a mw yet. But that's a whole different story...

I hope this is for the reason you described, especially as I've read the plug should be forming around this time...

I'm pretty sure all is ok, it's just that blood is the last thing I want to see right now!

atrcts Wed 10-Apr-13 13:19:08

This cervix is much more fragile when pregnant due to hormonal changes and the increased blood flow, and so much more likely to bleed, a little bit like some pregnant women who have lots of nose bleeds.
The concern is if you are rhesus negative blood-group but they only give anti-D after 12 weeks in pregnancy and so it wouldnt affect you at this stage.

It would not be unreasonable of you to contact your GP surgery to let them know what has happened. They often want to do an early scan for reassurance and to check everything is okay with you and bubba.

I've been bleeding in this pregnancy since nine weeks. It has been a couple of days of red blood every single week and I'm Rhesus negative so have had to be stabbed quite a lot!

But throughout, the most important thing is that baby is completely fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now