Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Light spotting, 9 weeks.

(7 Posts)
WorriedMouse Tue 09-Apr-13 12:02:30

This is my first ever post, so bear with me!

Last night, at 9 weeks, I had a small spot and some pink when I wiped. I'd already had an early scan at 8+4 which showed everything to be good. Phoned out of hours docs who saw me last night and wasn't hopeful that things would be ok. Saw midwife at booking appointment this morning and she wasn't too worried but kindly arranged for a scan this afternoon. Really want to know of anyone else's experiences of this. Husband thinks it's 100% ok, I'm not so sure. Thanks

Purplemonster Tue 09-Apr-13 12:09:56

I had this and was absolutely fine (well, so far, 28 weeks) it is quite common to have some light spotting in early pregnancy and its usually nothing to worry about. If it's sustained, heavy red bleeding get it checked out but a few spots and even small clots happen and aren't necessarily anything to worry about. Best of luck.

WorriedMouse Tue 09-Apr-13 12:29:42

Thanks purplemonster I am a worrier by nature. Lovely midwife got me an appointment for this afternoon so I guess we'll know soon. Hope your next 12 weeks go well.

polkadotsrock Tue 09-Apr-13 13:14:52

I had spotting at the same stage, in fact a bit more than that, and they never entertained the idea of scanning me! They're bloody awful at my docs. Hope all is well for you and you can relax this evening

LouiseD29 Tue 09-Apr-13 17:45:01

I had bits and bobs of light bleeding on and off between 6 and about 13 weeks. Just had v successful and healthy 22 week scan. What you're experiencing is very normal and nothing to worry about, but definitely keep an eye and tell your GP / midwife so they are aware.

My scan showed up that I have a low lying placenta which can cause some bleeding, so I've decided that was the cause of mine! Has completely stopped now for the last two months.

Good luck! xxx

WorriedMouse Tue 09-Apr-13 18:36:33

Thanks everyone. Scan showed heartbeat and baby consistent with dates. I am so grateful to the wonderful midwife I saw for booking appointment this morning who sorted a quick appointment. My last pregnancy was a disaster with awful midwives. Today I met some wonderful, caring people.

Purplemonster Tue 09-Apr-13 18:59:56

So pleased for you, hope it sets your mind at rest a little bit knowing there is a heartbeat, that's always so reassuring though the worrying never really stops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now