Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What size pyjamas for post-birth?

(12 Posts)
ButteryJam Tue 09-Apr-13 10:31:06

Hi,

I am normally a size 12 and currently wearing size 14 pyjamas quite comfortably (33 weeks). What size pyjamas do I need for post-birth?

ButteryJam Tue 09-Apr-13 11:14:13

Just nipping out now to buy some, can anyone help please? smile

SpottyTeacakes Tue 09-Apr-13 11:19:26

I just wore my normal size. Pjs are stretchy anyway smile

Locketjuice Tue 09-Apr-13 11:22:31

Your size or size above depending how you like to wear them, or just get a pair with drawstring so if they are too big you can pull them in smile

Locketjuice Tue 09-Apr-13 11:23:41

I was a size 6/8 before baby, went up to a 10 whilst pregnant so got size 10 m&s with a stretchy waist and still wear them a year later and 22 weeks pregnant again smile

GTbaby Tue 09-Apr-13 11:27:17

I wore yoga bottoms. As the waist band is very wide/thick. Bought in one size up from normal. But they fit me during last month of preg and now 6 months later. Not cos I'm still that bit tho. Lol. Just they r very stretchy wink next have some.

Springforward Tue 09-Apr-13 20:48:30

I seem to remember being told that I'd be about the same size as I was at 5 months pregnant, which for me was a normal dress size bigger than I was pre-pregnancy. Worked for me.

Florin Tue 09-Apr-13 20:50:22

Base it on being about 6 months pregnant however I found my stomach shrunk daily and I was soon a lot smaller.

ButteryJam Tue 09-Apr-13 21:29:04

Thanks ladies! smile Got myself size medium/12-14 from primark.

LikeCandy Tue 09-Apr-13 21:31:27

I know this is probably too late for you, but my advice would be to buy pj bottoms that come up high on the waist incase of c section.
I was a size 8 pre-preg, I'm wearing a 12/14 2 weeks post-partum which look huge but I need the size to get them up to belly button level well away from the section scar!

(Same with trousers as well, I'm living in yoga pants as my preggo 'under bump' trousers all sit right on the scar and 'over bump' have nothing to hold them up any more!)

ButteryJam Tue 09-Apr-13 23:32:02

LikeCandy, thanks! smile where exactly is the c-section scar? Is it right at the bottom of the bump? I wear my yoga pants and pyjamas beneath the bump (so at waist) and not on top.

duchesse Tue 09-Apr-13 23:37:31

Right at the bottom of the bump just at the pubic hair line usually (unless very tricky presentation but you would know about that already). If

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now