Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Size of underwear post-birth

(13 Posts)
ButteryJam Tue 09-Apr-13 10:13:25

Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question. I am normally size 12, and currently wearing size 14. Can someone remind why I need size 16 knickers for post-birth? confused

lizziemaud Tue 09-Apr-13 10:27:31

Maternity pads I would think smile

ButteryJam Tue 09-Apr-13 10:38:41

lizziemaud, thanks! I'm just worried they might fall off!

PinkApple86 Tue 09-Apr-13 11:53:16

I'm the same size as u and I just got done cheapo primark ones size 14-16. they are big for me! but my mum said I'll need big ones ad maternity pads are big and they need something to stick to lol

harleyd Tue 09-Apr-13 11:58:53

thats nonsense, you dont need to get bigger knickers

Discolite Tue 09-Apr-13 14:15:23

I am usually a size 12 (wore normal knickers all through pregnancy) and bought big knickers. I went back to my ordinary knickers after 3 days, they kept the pad in place much more effectively for me! This was a month ago btw.

Lorelei353 Tue 09-Apr-13 14:23:30

Yeah, I was wondering about this. I get the need for bigger knickers to accommodate the pads but at the same time if the knickers are too loose the pad will just move around.
I'm a size 14 so might buy some 14 and some size 16 cheapo ones and see what works best at the time.

Hamnvik Tue 09-Apr-13 14:30:24

I've never understood this either, I wore size 10 pants throughout pregnancy and wore the same size afterwards. I'm also am wearing my normal short style pants after a c section not giant granny pants and they have been fine. Just buy what you feel comfortable in!

plannedshock Tue 09-Apr-13 15:49:26

I'm a 10 went up to a 12 bought primark size 12-14 but changed the style from hipster brief to full brief mainly because I had a section, to go over scar. They were hanging off me. I would just buy fuller briefs In your actual size, maternity pads don't fill your knickers!!!

Nordicmom Tue 09-Apr-13 15:51:12

To be honest I wore my maternity over the belly underwear after birth for a while . They were definitely the most comfortable thing around !

Nordicmom Tue 09-Apr-13 15:52:25

I found the mothercare maternity pads useless and just used big size of normal pads . They worked just fine !

Littlemissexpecting Tue 09-Apr-13 16:09:46

When people say big knickers do they mean big as in granny pants rather than big as in size I wonder?

ButteryJam Tue 09-Apr-13 23:37:23

Thanks everyone! smile

I ended up buying size 14-16 in primark (didn't see all the replies in time) but now thinking maybe I should have got 12-14. I'll try them on with a pad and see how they do, if not will return them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: