Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bloody show? Advice please.

(5 Posts)
SneezySnatcher Mon 08-Apr-13 21:05:23

Quick question. I'm 40+2 with DC2 (but was induced with DD, so this is new to me).

I have been losing huge brown chunks of mucus all day (sorry)! It has now got red streaks in it. This is still normal isn't it? It's only if it's actual blood that it's a problem? Having painless tightenings and a bit of backache.

beckie90 Mon 08-Apr-13 21:14:57

Red streaks is normal, both my plugs had red streaks in them, just aslong as your not having any red fresh bleeding. Sounds like you will have your baby soon. Good luck xx

SneezySnatcher Mon 08-Apr-13 21:17:13

Thanks for the quick reply. Just wanted to check! I think things may be happening, actually. Had a contraction which stopped me in my tracks! It's strange how new this feels despite it being DC2!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 08-Apr-13 21:23:19

Fx it's happening for you sneezy very jealous, 8wks to go

beckie90 Mon 08-Apr-13 21:26:18

It is totally strange, I was in slow labour for 5days with ds2 but still refused to believe it was labour lol. If the blood steaks turns into anything else though, do call the labour ward to be seen. But shouldn't be a problem, my first was clear with red streaks and second was exactly how you described, so sounds totally normal. How exciting smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now