Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help stop the stodge cravings!

(9 Posts)
AnMum Mon 08-Apr-13 20:14:03

Am 7 weeks with dc2. Normally have a v healthy diet but all I want at the moment is stodgy carbs. When I feel hungry I feel like I might pass out if I don't eat straight away so its tempting to go for easiest thing...toast at home, vending machine at work. Exact same thing happened with 1st pregnancy and ended gaining weight that took nearly a year to shift after he was born. What are your tips for eating healthily even when feeling grotty and craving stodge?!

candr Mon 08-Apr-13 20:18:21

Can't help but can sympathise. All I want is carbs and sweeties pref fizzy ones. With last pg only wanted fruit and salad but had such bad ms I hardly ate anything. Think I may pile on pounds this time. Hope running round after toddler and baby will help shift it grin

Bodicea Mon 08-Apr-13 20:21:44

I am having same problem! Glad it's not just me. I have gone up a nearly a dress size already. I quite like Nairns oatcakes particularly the ginger ones - they are v filling x

lexib Mon 08-Apr-13 20:40:47

Give me pizza or macaroni cheese, or just cheese, and I'm currently a very happy lady. Thank god for dh whole has an amazingly subtle skill at steering me towards more healthy things smile

IBelieveInPink Mon 08-Apr-13 21:21:31

I am so doing this same as this! If it is plain and carby, let me at it! Pasta, potatoes, don't care which.
Luckily I am completely off chocolate which is helping with the calories.
The only thing I am trying to do is have smaller portions. I still have the same things that I want, but I tend to feel full on less, so I dish out a small amount and see how I am doing after that. I don't think you can really ignore the cravings to be honest, so just try and eat little bits at a time? You are definitely not alone!

honey86 Mon 08-Apr-13 21:30:41

im craving stodge too.. potatoes n stuff...
mostly unhealthy now... apple pie n custard, gnocchi, chips in gravy, the list is endless. i had a carvery roast today made it kingsize, loadsa turkey stodgey roast tatties drenched in gravy mmm i want another one blush

gillybeandramaqueen Mon 08-Apr-13 21:44:48

I was the same!! I'm now 16+1 weeks and (reasonable) normalit

gillybeandramaqueen Mon 08-Apr-13 21:46:16

....normality has resumed thank goodness! So I say listen to your body and ride the wave of your stodge cravings... they won't last forever! :-D x

wispa31 Mon 08-Apr-13 22:57:12

ive been eating nothing but chicken or steak and boiled potatoes the last few days! and boiled egg and toast at breakfast. not bothered about choc or sweets so much and on saturday i just had to have a chippy tea only when i got it i barely managed even half of it!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now