Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Doesn't feel real

(11 Posts)
linny579 Mon 08-Apr-13 16:42:22

Just wondered if is normla to feel like the whole being pregnant is not real. Positive test last week 5wks pregnant but just feel like it isn't true. Don't really have any symptoms other than very slightly sore breasts. Did a second test at the weekend just to sure and that was positive.

Not that I am wanting symptoms but just something to convince me I haven't dreamt the whole thing.

RJM17 Mon 08-Apr-13 16:46:15

I didn't feel like it was real until we saw our babies heartbeat even tho I had loads of symptoms. I kept telling my DH that I must be imagining them. Lol.
But it will start to feel real soon! And congrats!! Just enjoy it whilst u don't have the symptoms x

AuntyDiluvian Mon 08-Apr-13 16:47:09

I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant and it still doesn't feel real some of the time. I also didn't have major symptoms other than boobs that developed a road map of blue veins - and no period and a positive test, of course.
Congratulations (assuming this is what you want!) and try not to stress. I'm fully expecting to still feel like I've dreamt the whole thing after the birth, some of the time.

MolotovCocktail Mon 08-Apr-13 16:51:43

My first pg didn't feel real and I was certain at my 12wk scan that they wouldn't find a baby! I breezed through that pg: didn't even have a bump until I was about 26wks.

Well, my lovely 4.2yr old DD1 is very real wink

Like what was said upthread, it will soon feel real. It's pretty quiet for the first 12 weeks then you have your scan, you'll have regular antenatal checks, them your bump will grow, your baby will wiggle about, baby will then press on your bladder, you'll probably have constant indigestion from 35wks until delivery ... It's all absolutey wonderful smile Congratulations and enjoy!!

PotteringAlong Mon 08-Apr-13 16:53:32

It didn't seem real for me until DS was about 36 hours old... smile

Congratulations!

Alexandra6 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:53:56

I'm 6 + 3 and mine doesn't seem real either - too good to be true! Like reading the stories about the other "imaginary" pregnancies that went, or are going, well!

weeblueberry Mon 08-Apr-13 17:59:02

Yep I agree with the others - I'm nearly 36 weeks and if they turned round to me tomorrow and said 'there's actually not a baby in there' I'd probably say 'yeah okay...' if that makes sense. It's always just seemed a little surreal like I'm going to wake up from a dream? But that's probably because I spent the last ten years absolutely sure it would take me a long time to conceive, so when I did relatively quickly I thought 'this can't be right...' wink

Good luck!

harleyd Mon 08-Apr-13 18:05:03

19+2, have had 4 scans sofar, baby is kicking away, ive lots of stuff bought and it still somehow doesn't feel real.
ive had 4 kids and with each i dont think it properly seemed real until labour kicked in

StarsAboveYou Mon 08-Apr-13 18:09:59

You have just described me!

DS is now 13 months and I ended up having a private scan at 8+5 as I had no symptoms so I didn't believe any of the (5!) pregnancy tests I had done.

Enjoy the fact you don't have any bad symptoms, not everyone is so lucky. I didn't think it at the time and would have loved some morning sickness to reassure me!

Congratulations!

Kelly1814 Mon 08-Apr-13 18:26:08

I'm almost 14 weeks, have had 3 scans and it still does not feel even vaguely real, despite sore boobs, nausea and exhaustion. Not a whiff of a bump and not sure even then will get my head around it!

glossyflower Tue 09-Apr-13 01:53:05

Nope. 38 weeks and still hasn't sunk in I'm having my first baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now