Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Itching!

(5 Posts)
smileattherain Mon 08-Apr-13 14:26:08

I was wondering if anyone can help me as I am getting a bit paranoid! I am 18 weeks pregnant with DC2, after being induced with DC1 for cholestasis at 37 weeks. Last time it didn't start until around 30 weeks, but for the past week or so I've been getting increasingly itchy again (everywhere, including palms of hands and soles of feet but not massively so). I can't help thinking I am probably being paranoid, but getting three hours sleep last night because of the itching, which seems worse at night, I am beginning to wonder.

If I ring my midwife will they just laugh at me given its so early? I hope I am jumping to conclusions too early but am now getting myself a bit worked up and worried. Any experiences either way would be very gratefully received!

Bunnychan Mon 08-Apr-13 16:21:47

Ring your MW, they won't laugh and at the very least, it will put your mind at rest. X

Snowflakepie Mon 08-Apr-13 16:39:26

Given your history I would definitely phone. They won't laugh at you. Better to get it checked and addressed early if needed. Good luck x

smileattherain Mon 08-Apr-13 20:04:38

Thank you very much for your replies - I rang and am off to hospital in the morning for blood tests, so at least I'll know either way soon!

spaghettibolognese Mon 08-Apr-13 20:09:54

Hope it all goes well and that it's nothing! Sounds like you definitely need to have it checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now