Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Mat b1 form - after baby has arrived

(6 Posts)
Pootle78 Mon 08-Apr-13 13:56:11

Are there any midwives on here that can help?

Ds2 arrived last July. Due to a number of reasons we are looking at taking a mortgage holiday but our bank is asking for my mat b 1 form that must be less than 6 months old. My original mat b 1 form was from last April so seriously out of date (plus I don't have the original) so can a new one be re-issued? I have asked if a signed letter to say I've had the baby and am now on m/l would surrfice from the midwife but no mat b 1 only.

Any ideas? Thanks

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Mon 08-Apr-13 15:07:57

It doesn't make sense! Why can't they just see the birth certificate?

BraveLilBear Mon 08-Apr-13 15:12:56

Are they looking for a reassurance that you are gtetting paid or that you are going back to work at some point? Can't your employer give you a copy of the one you gave them, and any documentation re mat pay?

Pootle78 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:37:51

I know it doesn't make sense!

They want proof I'm on maternity leave and only a mat b 1 form will do, it's crazy. It's almost as though they're making it so impossible that we can't have it!

Choccybaby Mon 08-Apr-13 21:20:00

From what i have read i think a Mat b1 part a can only be issued when you're pregnant (more than 20 weeks) and part b after birth, but only the once, so you won't be able to get another one.
Sounds a ridiculous request. Perhaps direct them to the dwp website:
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/matb1-guidance.pdf

Pootle78 Tue 09-Apr-13 14:57:01

My lovely, lovely mw re-issued it for me (I think I love her!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: