Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mat b1 form - after baby has arrived

(6 Posts)
Pootle78 Mon 08-Apr-13 13:56:11

Are there any midwives on here that can help?

Ds2 arrived last July. Due to a number of reasons we are looking at taking a mortgage holiday but our bank is asking for my mat b 1 form that must be less than 6 months old. My original mat b 1 form was from last April so seriously out of date (plus I don't have the original) so can a new one be re-issued? I have asked if a signed letter to say I've had the baby and am now on m/l would surrfice from the midwife but no mat b 1 only.

Any ideas? Thanks

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Mon 08-Apr-13 15:07:57

It doesn't make sense! Why can't they just see the birth certificate?

BraveLilBear Mon 08-Apr-13 15:12:56

Are they looking for a reassurance that you are gtetting paid or that you are going back to work at some point? Can't your employer give you a copy of the one you gave them, and any documentation re mat pay?

Pootle78 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:37:51

I know it doesn't make sense!

They want proof I'm on maternity leave and only a mat b 1 form will do, it's crazy. It's almost as though they're making it so impossible that we can't have it!

Choccybaby Mon 08-Apr-13 21:20:00

From what i have read i think a Mat b1 part a can only be issued when you're pregnant (more than 20 weeks) and part b after birth, but only the once, so you won't be able to get another one.
Sounds a ridiculous request. Perhaps direct them to the dwp website:
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/matb1-guidance.pdf

Pootle78 Tue 09-Apr-13 14:57:01

My lovely, lovely mw re-issued it for me (I think I love her!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now