Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else 39-40+ weeks and getting impatient?!

(11 Posts)
LuckyOwl28 Mon 08-Apr-13 13:51:17

So it's my due date today!

Have been off work since 35 weeks and after a busy week with the other half off work I'm now back to twiddling my thumbs and rearranging the fridge/airing cupboard/hospital bag for the millionth time.

I don't even feel close, had no twinges at all despite numerous long walks, cups of rasberry leaf tea, pineapple, curry....even talked my way into sex despite husband being terrified of the idea since my bump became visible!

We live in a forces base so have no friends and family nearby. I'm happy that I'm relatively comfortable for now, just getting anxious about not getting my waterbirth, having to be induced etc... the later it gets.

Anyone else fed up??

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Mon 08-Apr-13 13:57:58

God yes, soooooo fed up! 39+3 and been off work since 26 weeks with spd. Irregular on off contractions (usually at night!!) for 2 weeks.

She's been given formal eviction notice but DS didn't turn up til 40+13 so not holding out much hope!

A 40 weeks with DS I didn't feel close at all. He still managed to come out without induction, but I remember how nervous I was of that. Average gestation for first timers is 41+3, so you've got plenty of time yet!

carrielou2007 Mon 08-Apr-13 15:56:14

I'm 38+6 with dc3 school's gone back today but could he arrive in Easter hold oh no!! Was induced both dc and have the date now engraved in my mind for third induction when he'll be born making me very very grumpy!!

LuckyOwl28 Mon 08-Apr-13 18:00:36

I'm probably not helping myself by reading up on 'the dangers of Induction'. I thought it was a pretty straightforward, safe procedure.... confused

carrielou2007 Mon 08-Apr-13 21:38:45

Yes read up on it, I tthought I'd go in, they'd give me a peasant and the baby would pop out 12 hours later. Went in on the tue, 3 pessaries, got to 3cm but no more. They broke my waters, put me on the drip and had forceps on the fri.

I thought I knew it all then with ds, had the peasant and he shot out three hours later!

Resigned to it third time around so hope it will be nice and quick again but boy it did hurt both times for me!

carrielou2007 Mon 08-Apr-13 21:39:18

Peasant? Pessaries!!

LuckyOwl28 Mon 08-Apr-13 21:41:59

LOL

I re-read several times wondering what a peasant was!

I have midwife tomorrow so I assume they'll discuss my options then.

I hope yours is quick and painless as possible! x

PinkFondantFancy Tue 09-Apr-13 07:27:14

You have the choice not to be induced by the way - they can't make you.

It's hard but try not to look for every niggle and analyse everything wondering if this is things starting - I'd take yourself to the cinema, get a pedicure done, have a long soak in the bath with a book - things that you won't be doing for a while once baby is here!

Am trying to take my own advice by the way - DD arrived at 38w, am now almost 40w and so have been expecting baby's arrival for weeks. Once I stopped wondering 'is today going to be the day' every day I've been finding the wait less stressful.

LuckyOwl28 Tue 09-Apr-13 15:16:19

Yes I am going to discuss the ins and outs of induction next week before deciding if I want to go ahead with it.

I don't mind being off when partners off too, but during the day I feel confined to four walls as don't drive (despite desperately trying to pass before baby's arrival...long story) and as I said I don't know anyone else on the estate.

I actually look forward to midwife appointments to get me out somewhere!

I am enjoying baths with a book though grin

jumpinghoops Tue 09-Apr-13 18:25:37

I'll jump in- am 39+4 with DC2, went to 40+11 with my daughter and was due to be induced the morning after I went into labour naturally at midnight. I found the overdue days really hard last time, I echo those that say to try and do as many lovely things as you can because you really won't care how o/d they are when they're here.

Having said that, I'm having a sweep tomorrow, probably won't work but will be useful to check out how my cervix is doing mostly do I can prepare myself for the long haul I'd necessary. I'm trying to avoid induction purely because I'm going for a home birth this time and am only allowed that up to 40+10.

Am finding entertaining/ getting around with my toddler bloody exhausting at the moment!

LuckyOwl28 Tue 09-Apr-13 20:15:22

Can't imagine how exhausting it must be going through pregnancy with a toddler! Fair play! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now