Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Permanently got a cold?

(5 Posts)
Luckyjune2013 Mon 08-Apr-13 12:29:03

Three cold in last three weeks so permanently coughing, sneezing, zapped of energy and calling in for random sick days.
Feel utterly weak and pathetic but can't seem to shake it off, just trying to stay on top of work etc.
Anyone else got this?
Trying to figure out if its the weather, the pregnancy (29 weeks) or just me. Won't fix things but guess I'd feel a but less pathetic if it wasn't just me!!

WestieMamma Mon 08-Apr-13 13:37:56

I've had a 'cold' this entire pregnancy (now 36 weeks). I didn't realise I was pregnant until I was 10 weeks because I thought it was a virus. Apparently it's all down to hormones.

Luckyjune2013 Mon 08-Apr-13 16:01:01

Ah, hormones - I should have known they would be the culprit! Here's to feeling better soon grin)

Snowflakepie Mon 08-Apr-13 17:00:20

Can be colds if you have all those symptoms, your immune system is suppressed in pg so you don't fight off the baby, lol!

If it is just a stuffy nose without the other symptoms, then it can be as a result of the increased blood volume you have in pg. Still not a lot you can do about it though.

Have you had your 28 weeks bloods done? Mine came back with normal iron, which surprised the midwife, but high white cell count. Sure enough 2 days later, another cold struck. I have just had viral infection after viral infection with this pg. But it can also be an indication of anaemia. Either way, hope it eases soon, for us all!

LadyMedea Mon 08-Apr-13 18:08:22

Won't make it go away but I'm living on sterimar saline nasal spray. Totally safe and works well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now