Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waters leaking or weak bladder???? Rather embarrassed

(9 Posts)
sianilovesbeingamummy Mon 08-Apr-13 12:17:41

I spent all of yesterday manically cleanign my kitchen....... it all started when i did my usual morning routine of cleaning over the front room and all of downstairs befor emy littlen starts to play with his toys...... i am a little OCD with cleaning and like my little boy to come down to a tidy house in a morning, even though i will have cleaned before i go to bed......anyway, thats a totally different story........

like i say, i did my usual clean round but once i hit the kitchen i had this sudden urge to empty all the cupboards and clean them and everything in them, throwing useless things away that just sort of gather over time...... i bleached everywhere and 6hours later i came to an end....... didnt look much different if turth be told but there you go...... anyway, later that night once i had done tea, eaten and once again washed the pots and cleaned round the kitchen i had the second sudden urge, this time if was to wash all of the bogs things, beds, teddies, towels, you name it, it got thrown in the washing machine or in the garden for the morning wash...... this was at 10pm!!!!!!! i then bleached the kitchen floor, AGAIN!!!!!! as i was bending down however to put things into the washing maching a sudden squirt of water came from my private parts...... my pyjama trousers were rather wet and i then felt the need to go to hte toilet, for both a wee and a poo, sorry TMI......... i was wondering if this was my waters going or just my bladder becomeing incresingly weak? I have never done this before and although needing to pee often as most pregnant women isn't usually a problem i just really couldnt control what ever it was that was coming out of me!!!!!!! i have had slight crampings but nothing that has kept me awake or caused real discomfort..... baby is moving fine and i haven't had any leakage since this incident....... any similar experiences would be appreciated :-)

sianilovesbeingamummy Mon 08-Apr-13 12:23:37

i should have noted that iam 36weeks oregnant and booked for c-section 7th may xxx

glossyflower Mon 08-Apr-13 13:11:19

If there's been no leaking since I'd put a bet on it being wee.
Similar thing happened to me, but MW weren't concerned as it didn't continue trickling.
HTH

Shootingstarsandcomets Mon 08-Apr-13 13:15:16

Did you smell your pj's? If it was urine it would smell. It could be your waters leaking- mine leaked from 26 weeks and I never went into labour. As your 36 weeks I wouldn't worry about the baby being prem but I would worry about baby picking up an infection so I would get it checked. If your waters can leak out infection can get in and sepsis in the neonate can cause problems some very severe.

yogafan Mon 08-Apr-13 17:00:36

I had a similar thing, called midwives and they said it was probably just pee. But it happened every day (just a teaspoon) for a few days so I called again and a midwife came to examine me. She confirmed it was leaking waters and I was given 24 hours to go into labour, but ended up being induced a couple of days later (all went well, healthy happy baby girl)
Again, you might be able to check by smelling your pjs. Mine didn't really smell of wee, just slightly sweet.
I would call midwife and ask for exam, just to check. I think hospitals have different policies about how long they'd leave you once you're waters break/leak, but just prepare yourself they will probably want to induce if you don't spontaneously go into labour soon! Good luck x

sianilovesbeingamummy Mon 08-Apr-13 21:24:20

oh right, ok, thanks guys....... i am seeing consultant on Wednesday as they are concerned about littlens growth anyway, she is on the small side but i am not exactly big, 5ft3 and currently 8stone....... i did smell them afterwards yes as i wasn't 100% sure.... they didn't smell of urine at all, quite a sweet smell as you mentioned, also sort of cleaning product like smell but i wasnt sure if that was from my days cleaning antics,lol....... think i will keep an eye on things and just ask for an examination on wednesday during my consultation....... i am in alot of discomfort tonight, not exactly contration pain and not BH, just cannot get comfortable and i am aching from the bottom of my bump downwards..... baby has been moving happily throughout today and i am just waiting for her to do her usual night time kick about now, just wish i could find a position which i am comfortable though as i fear it is going to be a long night and with a very hypo toddler to get up to at the crack of dawn i am not looking forward to the tiredness..... all part and parcel of motherhood though ey girls,lol xx

Shootingstarsandcomets Tue 09-Apr-13 08:07:27

Sounds like waters if the smell was sweet. Hope exam goes ok on Wednesday- good luck! Ds was induced at 36 weeks and he was just fine.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 09-Apr-13 09:45:44

I wouldn't wait til tomorrow, in your position I'd be ringing my community midwife today personally!

sianilovesbeingamummy Tue 09-Apr-13 13:53:31

A haven't experienced any leakage today so think it may have been an embarrassing accident but will be mentioning it to consultant tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now