Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Back pain already???

(6 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sun 07-Apr-13 17:39:34

I'm 12 weeks pregnant with DC2, today I've got back pain for the first time sad

It's not bad enough to take painkillers, but is very uncomfortable! Lower back, feels like I had in late pregnancy last time which I presumed was the weight of my bump. Is it normal to be sore this early, and what can I do to help ease it? Will exercise help? It's a dull pain, not sharp or stabby.

Startail Sun 07-Apr-13 17:44:00

I think there is muscle relaxing hormone released in early PG.

My back was far dodgier and my ribs felt weirdly loose long before I started to show.

By the time people started being nice to me everything felt much more secure.

It was early on I got DH to carry shopping for me, because my ribs wanted to twist.

LandsN Sun 07-Apr-13 18:05:27

I am nearly 11 weeks and have had this and finding it hard to sleep comfortably too hope it eases soon x

Dildals Sun 07-Apr-13 18:19:43

I have the same thing, it started already at 9-10 weeks. Lower back/upper buttocks, as well as my right hip. It definitely feels like it is relaxin, the hormone, because when I go for a run I can feel my sacra-iliac joint, coccyx and pelvic muscles afterwards, which I normally never had. Have no clue as to what to do with it (apart from toughing it out). I might go and see the work physio next week to see if she has any good ideas. I will report back!

Rockchick1984 Sun 07-Apr-13 18:42:24

Thanks, at least I'm not the only one! Just done a prenatal Pilates DVD and its eased it off a bit so will try and do that when I can smile

cupcake78 Sun 07-Apr-13 18:44:52

I had this but I got better after a few weeks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: