Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back pain already???

(6 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sun 07-Apr-13 17:39:34

I'm 12 weeks pregnant with DC2, today I've got back pain for the first time sad

It's not bad enough to take painkillers, but is very uncomfortable! Lower back, feels like I had in late pregnancy last time which I presumed was the weight of my bump. Is it normal to be sore this early, and what can I do to help ease it? Will exercise help? It's a dull pain, not sharp or stabby.

Startail Sun 07-Apr-13 17:44:00

I think there is muscle relaxing hormone released in early PG.

My back was far dodgier and my ribs felt weirdly loose long before I started to show.

By the time people started being nice to me everything felt much more secure.

It was early on I got DH to carry shopping for me, because my ribs wanted to twist.

LandsN Sun 07-Apr-13 18:05:27

I am nearly 11 weeks and have had this and finding it hard to sleep comfortably too hope it eases soon x

Dildals Sun 07-Apr-13 18:19:43

I have the same thing, it started already at 9-10 weeks. Lower back/upper buttocks, as well as my right hip. It definitely feels like it is relaxin, the hormone, because when I go for a run I can feel my sacra-iliac joint, coccyx and pelvic muscles afterwards, which I normally never had. Have no clue as to what to do with it (apart from toughing it out). I might go and see the work physio next week to see if she has any good ideas. I will report back!

Rockchick1984 Sun 07-Apr-13 18:42:24

Thanks, at least I'm not the only one! Just done a prenatal Pilates DVD and its eased it off a bit so will try and do that when I can smile

cupcake78 Sun 07-Apr-13 18:44:52

I had this but I got better after a few weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now