Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Booking appointment

(6 Posts)
RJM17 Sun 07-Apr-13 15:00:46

Hi all

Just after a bit of advice really. I have my booking appointment at the hospital tomorrow and just wanted to know what it involves and if I need to take anything with me?

Thanks x

Griffomais Sun 07-Apr-13 15:20:41

Hi RJM I had my appt last week basically lasted 1 hour the Midwife took all your history and filled it in on a booklet that now becomes your notes towards the end she took blood and gave me a supply of vitamins. I didn't have to take anything with me. Hope this helps smile.

helebear Sun 07-Apr-13 15:25:04

Congratulations! They'll ask you for a urine sample so take a full bladder! Other than that the midwife will ask you about your medical history and the medical history of your family & your DPs family to see if there is anything hereditary to be aware of. Its basically filling in a massive form with your midwife which forms the basis of your antenatal notes. And she'll probably weigh you, take your blood pressure and take some blood for initial tests (can't remember exactly what they are).

She'll probably also give you a Bounty pack which is a load of info, leaflets and samples for mums to be. If you're going to work or anywhere afterwards where you don't want people to know that you're pregnant yet take a bag to put it in, otherwise it's a dead give away!

RJM17 Sun 07-Apr-13 16:26:04

Thanks for the advice. So would u say that DH should be there to give his family history or does he not need to go? Everything is just so new to me and I don't want to be driving my friends crazy asking them questions all the time x

WhatILoved Sun 07-Apr-13 16:32:57

I went by myself... would rather dh save his days off for scans etc. If he does come, he will need to wait outside for few mins while mw asks you about domestic violence etc.

YBR Sun 07-Apr-13 18:39:03

My DH was very fortunate and able to come to all my appointments. He was not asked to step out at any time for a DV talk, although it seems to be routine in some places. We were asked a few things about his family history but not a great deal - mainly inherited conditions and birth abnormalities IIRC.
I'm hoping he'll be able to come to them all this time, although with DC1 it might not work easily.
If your DH/DP has got limited opportunities to come with you then you may decide the scans are more important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now