Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Unbearable itchy rash week 39

(4 Posts)
flossyflo Sun 07-Apr-13 12:21:07

39 weeks tomorrow and climbing the walls due to itchy rash on bump, arms, chest, and most recently legs. Tiny little red bumps multiplying by the hour.

Trying so so hard not to itch continuously as know this makes it worse, but still find myself sneaking the odd scratch...

Have been checked out for OC liver thingy and bloods are fine.

Any advice for management? Have aqueous menthol cream - Dermacool - which does give release but only temporarily.

rrreow Sun 07-Apr-13 14:41:47

I had this during my last pregnancy and was diagnosed with PEP/PUPPP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruritic_urticarial_papules_and_plaques_of_pregnancy).

I was given aqueous menthol cream which was the most effective in giving immediate relief. I also got given a steroid cream and anti histamines. Not sure how much the latter helped, but I was pretty desperate and willing to try anything!

Hope you pop soon as it goes away pretty quickly after the birth (effects really diminished by about 3 days post birth for me).

rrreow Sun 07-Apr-13 14:41:57

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruritic_urticarial_papules_and_plaques_of_pregnancy

flossyflo Sun 07-Apr-13 18:13:00

Thanks rrreow... it is definitely PEP / PUPP.

Am off to the MW tomorrow to see if I can get on steroids and have bought a plethora of creams and remedies that I'd seen recommended on other threads.

Good to know it clears up after birth... can't wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now