Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Consultant tomorrow - what can I say to convince them?!

(2 Posts)
Piercy Sun 07-Apr-13 11:02:15

Hi

1st time mum now 40+4 and I have suffered with sciatica for weeks now.

Last Thursday/Friday night it came to a head I was in agony with it and just watched the clock go round again - I'm so tired and baby isn't even here yet - and last night awake at 0120 finally dropped off again on the sofa at around 0600. At one point I wanted to cry.

My hips/pelvis lock, my back locks, the pain wakes me in the night nothing i do makes me comfortable, I end up pains down my legs, knees I've got cramp in my calf muscles in the night that also wakes me if the sciatica doesn't. When I go to get out of bed I must look about 90 years old to try and get my body moving again.

I rang the community midwife number on Friday morning she advised I can't be putting up with this -ring the hospital get an appointment with a consultant for that day and get a plan together.

Rang hospital midwife OK but very reluctant to give me a consultant appointment finally got one for tomorrow. I also have to ring the community midwife line again tomorrow for a sweep.

So I'm thinking go for the sweep anyway it might set things off see the consultant - they'll know I've been for a sweep it will be in my notes but I don't want them to "poo poo" me - what can I say to convince them if this sweep doesn't work I need a plan I can't go on for this for another week and a half as my hospital let you go 12 days over.

Any fab suggstions apart from the consultant being faced with a women that is on the edge!!

P

BabyHMummy Sun 07-Apr-13 14:45:55

Tell them straight that us is causing you too much pain and you are becoming depressed...they will have to do something fairly fast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now