Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Twinges left hand side

(9 Posts)
harry78 Sun 07-Apr-13 11:01:51

Hi all. I think I am going to be a right pain on this forum, asking all sorts of questions...sorry! This is my first pregnancy and it is very early days as I am about 4 weeks. I am pretty symptom free - my only symptoms being tender and balloon like boobs with lovely blue veins (nice) and this twinge on my lower left hand side. It's not painful, just feels like an occaisonal cramp. Is it anything to be worried about? I am wondering if that is where implantation has taken place. Any reassurance and advice would be gratefully received though....thanks in advance smile

roofio87 Sun 07-Apr-13 11:34:11

I got pains and twinges on my left side from weeks 4-13. at my scan the nurse said my left overy (the one I ovulated from the month I got pg) looked a little swollen.she said that's quite common. left over hormones etc. so it might just be that. if the pain gets bad though you should get it checked out just in case!!

harry78 Sun 07-Apr-13 11:38:11

Thanks roofio. It's definitely not painful...more like a muscle contraction like if you use if those tens machines ever!

MumOfTheMoos Sun 07-Apr-13 11:41:43

Or wind....I got terrible painful cramps wind especially in the first trimester.

harry78 Sun 07-Apr-13 11:43:19

Hmm... Don't think it's wind, just feels weird...

janey1234 Sun 07-Apr-13 11:55:57

I had loads of twinges early days - and still occasionally get them now at 27 weeks! I was told it was just stretching - so all good smile

harry78 Sun 07-Apr-13 12:22:14

Thanks janey. I'm going to ring the docs tomorrow to try and get my first appointment...is it called booking in or something.

cogitosum Sun 07-Apr-13 12:24:27

I had loads of twinges at the beginning and a bit now at 26 weeks. I think it was stretching.

You normally get booking appointment at 8 weeks

harry78 Tue 09-Apr-13 22:39:26

Thanks for your help. I've been given an appointment with a nurse at 6 weeks...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now