Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sinusitis

(4 Posts)
Mrsd1984 Sat 06-Apr-13 21:04:35

Hi all. I'm 25 weeks pregnant and have been suffering with very bad sinus pain. I haven't had a cold or any other symptoms at all, just woke up with a very painful cheek!! I've had sinusitis a few times in the past, but never this bad. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do naturally to help. Thank you in advance x

Thurlow Sat 06-Apr-13 21:55:59

I don't have advice on anything natural, and I'm sure you want to try that first, but I had sinusitis throughout my pg and was prescribed Nasonex, which is fine when pg. Just in case any natural remedies don't quite fix it for you. Hope you feel better soon, it's horrible when your cheek feels like it is going to explode.

Selks Sat 06-Apr-13 21:59:51

Steam inhalation will help hugely. Pour boiling water into a large bowl / pan, lean over with towel covering head - tent style - then inhale the steam through your nose. Do this for five - ten minutes five times a day. It will open up the sinuses, relieve the pressure and help drain them.

Also a good curry / something spicy can really help!!

But if it carries on it might be infected - see your GP.

Mrsd1984 Sat 06-Apr-13 23:27:09

Thank you. It has been agony. Will try steam and will mention it to midwife Monday when I have my next appointment. Thurlow - it's good to know that there are some things that we are allowed to take. Went to the chemist and all they were allowed to suggest were paracetamol. Trying not to take too many.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now