Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

argh bleeding....again! please help

(11 Posts)
CuppaCiggieBiccieBliss Sat 06-Apr-13 20:11:09

I'm 11+4 with dc 2. I've already had one large bleed (flooding, having to sit on the loo for hours) thankfully baby was/is(?) fine. My pregnancy with dd was pretty similar and she's a beautiful, cheeky 4 going on 14 year old grin
Anyway I started bleeding this afternoon, very lightly. It's now very heavy, 2 nighttime pads every hour or so and fresh red blood. I don't have any cramps, just a tender lower back. Dd is in bed and dp is at work. Should I see how it goes? I know the early pregnancy unit doesn't scan at the weekend so it seems pointless going really.sorry I'm rambling now sad

TheAccidentalEgghibitionist Sat 06-Apr-13 20:29:20

Sorry that youre going through this, it sounds scary.
How about calling OOHs? Not sure you should leave it. Perhaps you can get booked in for Monday?

carcassonne Sat 06-Apr-13 22:19:53

Hi Cuppa sorry you are going through this too. I'm 14 weeks now and have had on and off bleeding. Mainly small bleeds, but all fresh red blood. This week I had a really big bleed with some humongous clots. Midwife came out, couldn't find heartbeat. Had to wait 2 days for scan. Totally freaked out. Baby ABSOLUTELY FINE!

Apart from having a low placenta (quite normal at this stage) they can't find any reason for my bleeding. I also had it, though not quite so heavy, with DD who is now 3.

Hope this reassures you a little bit - it's so hard and stressful I know but big bleeds can be normal for some people. Definitely worth ringing EPAU when they are open and obviously if it gets worse/gets painful worth calling hospital for advice.

DoodleAlley Sat 06-Apr-13 22:31:52

Are you rhesus negative? If so you need advice in whether you need an anti d injection or not

Themobstersknife Sat 06-Apr-13 22:37:23

I would say see how it goes. I bled through all my pregnancies. The one that ended in mc was very obviously mc due to the pain. I would say bleeding without any pain means you have a good chance of all being ok. Good luck m'dear.

looneytune Sat 06-Apr-13 22:39:34

I was going to mention RHNeg but even if you're not, I don't think you should leave it. Not saying because anything will be wrong with the baby but I think a large blood loss should b checked out. Good luck and keep us posted x

carcassonne Sat 06-Apr-13 22:42:18

You won't need an anti0d injection - current guidelines are not to give 'till 12 weeks.

DoodleAlley Sat 06-Apr-13 23:06:46

I mentioned anti d because if she is pre 12 weeks they might play it safe because she hasn't been officially dated yet and is v close.

I could be wrong but, as has been said already by someone else, I'd be getting a bleed checked out anyway if at all possible.

CuppaCiggieBiccieBliss Sun 07-Apr-13 09:05:51

Thanks for the replies. We ended up at the hospital in the early hours as the bleeding got worse and the house looks like a scene from a horror movie. I'm booked in for a scan on Tuesday so fingers crossed everything is ok.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sun 07-Apr-13 09:07:27

Fingers crossed for you here x

juwie Sun 07-Apr-13 09:10:35

The same thing happened to me on ds2, it was very scary,i really hope everything is ok,please update and let us know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now