Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tips for best way to get a back massage from DH.

(6 Posts)
hartmel Sat 06-Apr-13 13:49:04

Question is already on top.. Any tips.. My DH gave me a neck and back massage but I could not stay on my tummy. Has baby started to kick and move around.

What is the best way to get a back massage and still being relaxed and comfortable..

Thanks

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 06-Apr-13 13:55:27

I was going to say, "Just ask!" but I think you're actually asking what position you should be in, in order to receive a backrub? In the later stages, I found if I sat on a seat/stool and rested my head on my arms, on a desk/table, my lower back could be easily rubbed. You may need to experiment with different surfaces to find what works for you.

cupcake78 Sat 06-Apr-13 14:08:01

Lean over a birthing ball.

Cavort Sat 06-Apr-13 14:48:48

I am 28+3 and I can still get a nice back massage from DH lying on my front.

Basically I create a hollow for my belly to go in. I get my old fogey V shaped pillow which I use for sleeping and put another pillow at the bottom so it's a sort of triangle shape, and then build it up with other pillows as necessary to get comfortable. I then lie across these with my belly in the hollow. It's very comfortable, doesn't feel like there's any pressure on my belly, and I can easily enjoy an hour or more in that position.

To be honest it's bliss just lying on my front for a while, even without the massage!

Rockchick1984 Sat 06-Apr-13 15:15:11

Either kneeling over your birth ball, or lie on your side and change sides halfway through.

Also works to straddle a dining chair backwards - you may need a pillow to rest your head on but means he can sit on another chair behind you so this was the comfiest for DH smile

rrreow Sat 06-Apr-13 19:50:35

Lie half on your front but on a soft surface so your belly can kind of sink in. So like on the bed on top of a fluffy duvet or two. This works for me at 30w

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now