Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy Pain (diagnose me)

(10 Posts)
PregnantPain Sat 06-Apr-13 13:01:54

I think I know tbh, but don't want to jump to conclusions

Pain at backs of thighs and inner thighs (have great difficulty opening legs very far) and legs feel very heavy, can happen after doing a bit of walking, or just sitting somewhere for a while.

Is this SPD or just pain it does not feel normal, should add legs also feel very stiff when moving them. Can't walk very far without really suffering after 10-15 mins.

Second pregnancy, am 35+2. Did not have this sort of thing when pregnant with DD.

PregnantPain Sat 06-Apr-13 13:51:26

Bump

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 06-Apr-13 13:55:44

Spd or sciatic nerve pain? I'd be more inclined to say spd, because of the pain when opening legs.

cupcake78 Sat 06-Apr-13 14:07:08

Sound like spd, I have similar at 29wks.

PregnantPain Sat 06-Apr-13 14:13:01

What should I do as it sounds like SPD to you guys? Midwife or GP?

Bonkerz Sat 06-Apr-13 14:14:52

Sounds like SPd. Have you got a gym ball to sit on? It helps cradle you so take pressure off also helps strengthen core muscles. When using stairs do it one step at a time both feet (not one step next step IYKWIM) it may be a little late to try and get physio now. You can buy belts online that you wear to help keep hips aligned.

PregnantPain Sat 06-Apr-13 14:17:43

Will it go when I have had baby?

cupcake78 Sat 06-Apr-13 14:17:51

You could get a referral to physio through either gp or midwife. It helps some but not all.

Bonkerz Sat 06-Apr-13 14:25:45

Yes it usually goes when you have the baby but can get worse with orher pregnancies. I had SPd with first child from about 28 weeks which left me with sciatic pain. When I was pregnant with my third baby I started getting pain from about 14 weeks and by 28 weeks I was on crutches. I had physio but nearly 2 years on I still have weakness on my right hand side in my core muscles. Mention it to midwife as birth can be more difficult with SPd so she may be able to give exercises to help and you may be lucky and get physio before birth

Wolfiefan Sat 06-Apr-13 14:29:26

SPD first time round. Back pain but no SPD second time. Defo physio.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now