Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tummy aches! Please help

(7 Posts)
Babydot1 Sat 06-Apr-13 08:32:00

Hi ladies
I'm a first time mummy to be and am hoping someone can help me. I started having tummy cramps really low down like period pains on Tuesday morning which came and went so saw my midwife Weds who checked everything and said all is good. I've still had pains since and as we'll as the period pains I'm also getting normal tummy pains like when you need to go toilet and have diarrhoea but i don't have any diarrhoea or bleeding. Went to the docs yesterday who said I also have UTI which he has given me antibiotics for but woke up in the night in a lot of pain however I can still feel baby kicking so my question after all that waffle (sorry lol) is are these normal pregnancy symptoms or should I be worried? Anyone else had this? Being pregnant seems to involve a lot of worrying and baby isn't even here yet!

rundontwalk Sat 06-Apr-13 08:41:12

Period type pains are normal,as everything stretches & softens. But if you also have a uti that prob explains the extra pains. Poor you! You shld find the antibiotics kick in pretty quick-try & drink water. Also eat nat yog to try & minimise chances if getting thrush. & if you're at all worried,phone your midwife/labour ward (not sure how many wks you are). Hope you soon feel bit better smile

Babydot1 Sat 06-Apr-13 08:47:58

Thanks lovely, prob should have mentioned lol I'm 24+1. Honestly I wonder what these babies are doing in there. Already having plenty of water but will definitely try the natural yoghurt too x x

Ledkr Sat 06-Apr-13 08:49:06

I had period pains with both of my last pregnancies it was a bit scary but they are fine.
I also get utis and they too can cause tummy aches.
In sure everything is fine. I used to take paracetamol for the pain occasionally just to give myself a break from worrying.
How far along are you?

Babydot1 Sat 06-Apr-13 09:03:36

Yeh will try a paracetamol and see if that helps. I'm 24+1 x

Ledkr Sat 06-Apr-13 09:07:02

It's just stretching. I remember it well. Do you have treatment for uti?
Have you had it from the beginning?

Babydot1 Sat 06-Apr-13 19:49:24

Yeh got some antibiotics yesterday but the infection only just started then. Docs want to see me again next week to check its all gone so fingers crossed for that. Seem to be struggling with eating and that seems to trigger it so I'm wondering if its something to do with things starting to get squashed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now