Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

cheesecake?..

(28 Posts)
NTMummy059 Fri 05-Apr-13 22:12:16

Just a quick one really!
Am 18 weeks along and enjoyed a massive slice of cheesecake after dinner tonight - have jutting remembered the food rules and something about certain cheeses?
I read the box and it says made with full fat soft cheese - is this ok or not?
Sorry if its a silly question!
Thanks smile

VivaLeBeaver Fri 05-Apr-13 22:16:10

It's fine. It will be processed cheese such as Philadelphia and that's fine in pregnancy.

NTMummy059 Fri 05-Apr-13 22:56:06

Ok thanks - thought it would be but suddenly had a mental block!

MammaCici Sat 06-Apr-13 07:25:21

It's only cheese that hasn't been pasteurised that you need to avoid. Blue cheeses, goats cheese etc.. If you google it you'll find a list.

God knows we have to deprive ourselves of enough stuff during pregnancy so enjoy that cheesecake! In fact I may hunt down a slice myself today since you've put the idea in my head.

NTMummy059 Sat 06-Apr-13 09:35:18

Thanks smile I have stopped googling and started mumsnetting as the advice on here seems alot more straight forward, truthful and doesn't scare me!
Mm cheesecake.. Think I will finish the rest off today :D

wispa31 Sat 06-Apr-13 11:37:29

mmmm cheesecake smile wee trip to tescos today me thinks!!

FoofFighter Sat 06-Apr-13 12:14:06

You can eat hard blue cheeses safely MammaCi.
NTMummy check out the NHS guidelines.
I want cheesecake now...

harleyd Sat 06-Apr-13 12:15:49

damn you and your cheesecake. i havent got any

wispa31 Sat 06-Apr-13 13:26:55

incidentally, i fancied some ice cream last night so took a walk round and got some tescos lemon cheesecake ice cream. smile omg it was delish!!

NTMummy059 Sat 06-Apr-13 15:40:40

Haha sorry for making you all want cheesecake!
I've had to stop watching cookery programmes as I HAD to have what they made but I just couldn't be bothered and it made me sad lol!
Also if someone mentions McDonalds I don't feel content until I've had a cheeseburger blush Haha

sjupes Sat 06-Apr-13 15:46:49

I love cheesecake and i'm nearly 22 weeks, i've been fairly relaxed this time round (dc3) as long as it's pasteurised it's allowed smile

sjupes Sat 06-Apr-13 15:49:55

Oh mcdonalds - i don't like their food AT ALL but since being pg again i keep popping in and have on occasion forced dp to drive up and get me a double cheeseburger, mayo chicken, toffee sundae, apple pie, cup of tea, and large fries... blush

A couple of times i leave the two burgers and just have a huge big mac grin

<i know i shouldn't eat soft ice cream but mmmmm!>

MammaCici Sat 06-Apr-13 16:31:36

Chocolate milkshake.

I made my own the other day:

Good quality ice cream
Banana
Homemade chocolate sauce
A little milk
All whizzed together in the blender... Yum

Homemade chocolate sauce is just cocoa powder, sugar and a little water zapped in the microwave to get rid of the graininess.

I've just thought of banoffee pie. If only it was possible.

NTMummy059 Sat 06-Apr-13 17:07:30

Sounds amazing! Hmm think I want McDonalds now and a homemade milkshake made by DP after ;) hehe thanks everyone!

VivaLeBeaver Sat 06-Apr-13 18:13:46

I've just had a homemade creme egg milkshake. Creme egg, vanilla icecream and milk blended. Lush.

squizita Sat 06-Apr-13 18:25:39

www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2683.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=216 YAAAAY! I can eat brie and blue cheese, provided it's cooked first. So sayeth the NHS. This thread got me thinking about it so I went on a rummage for advice.

NTMummy059 Sat 06-Apr-13 22:12:31

Oh i love stilton but have been avoiding it! If NHS says it's fine I'll be having some smile thanks squizita
viva that sounds yummy.. Think il be having lots of ice cream and milkshakes as will be heavily pregnant in summer! Will look up some more ideas ;)

HettySunshine Sun 07-Apr-13 08:36:43

I'm having cheesecake for breakfast. The baby made me do it! grin

wispa31 Sun 07-Apr-13 10:05:19

mamma that milkshake sounds AWESOME!! im gona have to try that today.

early on in my pg i was wanting mccyd's when feeling really sick and was only thing that i could eat and not feel sick or be sick after.

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Sun 07-Apr-13 10:10:42

I'm 23 weeks and previously lived cheesecake, however baby hates all things sweet, and after seeing cheesecake in reverse in the carpark of a restaurant, I am doubtful I will ever eat it again. Makes me heave even looking at it in shops. sad

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Sun 07-Apr-13 10:10:58

Loved stupid phone

Bodicea Sun 07-Apr-13 16:35:58

Does mozzarella count as soft cheese? Would that mean you can't have pizza?!?!

NTMummy059 Sun 07-Apr-13 17:15:58

Ahh i don't even know?! Although I've eaten ALOT of pizza :/

FoofFighter Sun 07-Apr-13 17:33:01

NO!!

fuckwittery Sun 07-Apr-13 17:34:35

It's just unpasturised cheeses, mozzarella is fine. Also even if it wasn't, it's cooked on a pizza so that would be fine too,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now