Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Diagnosed with polyhydramnios and have constant tight stomach

(5 Posts)
Caz2102 Fri 05-Apr-13 18:24:02

Hi everyone,I'm 36+5 and was diagnosed with polyhydramnios (excess fluid) at 32 weeks,Iv had growth scans etc n everything looks fine apart from on my last one which was 2 weeks ago she was breech, Iv had a few aches n pains n was diagnosed with a uto on Monday but got antibiotics for that. The other nite though I woke up in agony but went after 10 mins but for past two days my stomach has been constantly tight,even a bath doesn't resolve it,also Iv been getting odd period n back ache but nothing too bad,I'm just soo worried as to the risks if I go into labour but don't want to keep pestering the midwife!! Any advice would be great, thanks in advance smile x

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Fri 05-Apr-13 19:09:47

I could have written your post! I'm 36+5 and also have polyhydramnios. I've had it in all 3 pregnancies so I'm fairly familiar with it now!

Do you feel like you are getting tightenings or just continual 'hardness'? The former is probably caused by an irritable uterus and the latter by the fluid stretching everything like a tight drum.

Glad everything is ok with baby.

It might be worth getting checked out by a MW but if it is 'just' an irritable uterus/stretched belly then there's nothing they can do ... still feels rubbish though doesn't it?

Caz2102 Fri 05-Apr-13 19:52:41

Ohh so nice to av someone in the same boat,just for the wrong reasons!haha well Iv been researching and never come across the irritable uterus!? What happened regarding labour in your last pregnancies? Well it's carried on so I'm going to see midwife now just to be checked smile congrats by the way xxx

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Fri 05-Apr-13 20:01:22

It caused no problem in my first pregnancy - was induced at 42 weeks and had a vaginal delivery. It was much worse in my last pregnancy and I ended up having an ELCS at 39 weeks for an unstable lie. Planning a VBAC at home this time (with support from the consultant). This baby is persistently head down so provided she stays that way the polyhydramnios shouldn't make too much of a difference - other than a very wet birth! grin

Hope the MW says everything is fine. Let me know x

Caz2102 Sat 06-Apr-13 19:04:06

Hi, thought I'd update you, midwife said everything's fine and mentioned the irritable uterus!but nothing to worry about,Iv got another scan on Monday but they did a quick one last nite n she's now head down smile she said if she says ther then they'll talk to me about being induced before my due date smile thankyou for your help xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now