Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C-section maternity bag - tips on what to include?

(4 Posts)
greatscott81 Fri 05-Apr-13 14:24:19

I apologise if this is repetitive but I could do with some advice. I am due to go in for a c-section next week, following yesterday's discovery my baby is breech. My maternity bag was all packed, ready for my planned water birth, but now it's going to need a little alteration . . .

Does anyone have any recommendations for what to pack for a c-section, and the following stay in hospital? I've never stayed in hospital so am completely bewildered about what I'll need!

Thank you so much in advance.

plummyjam Fri 05-Apr-13 15:22:08

Big pants that ride high enough to go above the scar rather than sit on it. Other than that just take the usual stuff I would think. Best of luck and congratulations!

shelley72 Fri 05-Apr-13 15:25:58

I too had planned a home water birth and ended up with cs due to breech presentation. Here's what I found helpful: reading material / something to keep you occupied in case you are delayed because of an emcs. Arnica tablets to help with bruising, peppermint tea for trapped wind. Slip on / off slippers and flip flops for showers. Night shirt as pyjamas not the best with a catheter! Layers of clothes in case it's too hot or too cold (never know in hospital). Extra pillows from home to prop you up. nice food, our hospital has kitchen with fridges etc so you can go and help yourself when hungry. Straws so you can drink your drink easily. And then all the usual maternity / baby bits that you would take anyway. That's all I can think of at the minute...

shelley72 Fri 05-Apr-13 15:26:56

And once home lavender and tea tree in the bath to help heal the scar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now