Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Chest Acnce – help!!

(5 Posts)
ExhaustedMamasita Fri 05-Apr-13 09:50:36

Not sure if anyone can help but? I?ve developed a horrid case of acne on my chest! Little red spots above my breasts and don?t know what the hell is going on? yuk!!! I hate it ? making me feel so down in the dumps and self-conscious about my body, can?t wear anything even remotely low cut and what with summer (hopefully) round the corner, I?m stressing out. Apologies if I sound pathetic but have nightmares about breastfeeding my baby in front of others while showing off my acned chest? stupid I know!

I don?t have acne on my face or anywhere else on my body for that matter and have never had acne on my chest before so guessing it?s the pregnancy hormones ? I?m currently 18 weeks. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, how did you get rid of it? Does it come and go? Desperately need some form of hope! Thanks ladies!

cupcake78 Fri 05-Apr-13 10:01:17

My skin isn't good either. 29wks and it's the hormones that do it I'm afraid. Increase in oil results in teenage skin.

Things that I find help: obviously washing regularly and keeping clean, drinking plenty of water and eating well, tea tree oil on bad cases, sudocrem on a nighttime and hopefully the sun will help if it ever appears that is!

I had back and shoulder spots with last pregnancy and its happening again, also plagued by chin and nose issues. It's just another lovely part of being pregnant confused

ExhaustedMamasita Fri 05-Apr-13 13:29:16

Thanks for your feedback cupcake! Hope the sun gets here soon and dries them out - nothing else seems to work. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

hippoesque Fri 05-Apr-13 17:58:18

I had this with DC1 and am happy to report that it went away pretty much the minute he was born. Hope the same goes for you!!

LadyMedea Sat 06-Apr-13 18:34:52

Get some AHA lotion or gel from Paula's choice. Looks expensive but a little goes a long way. It's an exfoliant that uses acid to un block your pores and stop spots. Sounds harsh but isn't at all.

It's the only thing be ever found that helps my adult acne

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now