Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 wks pg after mc. intense cramping in the night what to do?

(7 Posts)
Aoifebelle Fri 05-Apr-13 08:00:57

Morning ladies. I am 5wks pg after a Mac at about 10 weeks last year. Last night I had about 15 minutes of the most intense cramping.I was drenched in sweat and wretching. It went as quickly as it came. No blood so far. Not sure what to do next. Have not seen Dr yet. Any advice ladies?

EcoHippyMum Fri 05-Apr-13 08:17:52

Get an appointment with the GP for your own reassurance. x

RJM17 Fri 05-Apr-13 09:41:31

I wouldn't worry too much as I had something similar and went to the EPU and they said without bleeding they wouldn't worry too much.
But I would get checked out just to make sure!! It's always better to be safe than sorry x

Foxeym Fri 05-Apr-13 09:50:09

I had exactly the same at about 5-6 weeks. The most intense cramping that had me writhing on the bed in a cold sweat and feeling sick. I was convinced I was about to miscarry although no bleeding. My DP took me to A&E and I was checked and scanned at the EPU and everything was fine. They said that some women get this as it further implants. I've never had the cramps since and am now coming up 12 weeks grin)

Aoifebelle Fri 05-Apr-13 10:29:59

Thank you thank you thank you soooooo much. That is exactly what I needed to hear. Foxeym sounds like we had very similar experiences. I have a drs appointment in about an hour, and hopefully will be booked in for an early scan. I frickin love the NHS

Aoifebelle Fri 05-Apr-13 14:39:31

Just back from the scan. It wasn't conclusive. Either a MC or my dates are out and it is an earlier pregnancy than I thought - it looks like a normal early pregnancy. They have taken bloods to measure HCG, need to go back on Sunday to see if it has doubled. So begins the nervous waiting. I feel a major house clean coming on.

Can I just also say I LOVE the NHS. 9am, went to GPs, 11.45 appointment with GP, 1.30 appointment with the EPU, out by 2.30 with the best follow up, being seen again over the weekend. Everyone I met was very professional.

Every bit of my anatomy is now crossed. Hang on in there junior

EcoHippyMum Sat 06-Apr-13 22:15:32

I hope it is all good for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now