Talk

Advanced search

Looking to buy an expandable wedding ring

(9 Posts)
MissTweed Fri 05-Apr-13 07:50:13

Does anyone know where I can get one of these?? I only got married in November and because of my pregnancy I am now unable to wear my rings. I have had a look on the net but have had no luck. I just want a plain band, not too fussed on colour.
TIA

OddBoots Fri 05-Apr-13 07:52:38

I'm not sure if such a thing exists, I just bought a cheap larger sized ring to wear in my pregnancies (but as I had 5 pregnancies in the end it worked out great value!).

Rockchick1984 Fri 05-Apr-13 09:34:07

As previous poster said - I bought a cheap set from Debenhams which looked like a wedding and engagement ring, in a larger size. If its any help, I went from a ring size K pre pregnancy to a size O by my due date.

cupcake78 Fri 05-Apr-13 10:04:37

Also bought bigger rings. Old rings fitted again after about 10 days post baby so it doesn't last forever!

TerracottaPie Fri 05-Apr-13 10:42:48

I never thought about buying bigger rings. I just wore them on a chain around my neck.

MissTweed Fri 05-Apr-13 18:07:56

To add to the complication I also broke that finger (snapped the tendon which also pulled the bone away) 3 months ago which means my finger swells and goes down so buying a bigger sized ring is iffy as I never know what size my finger is going to be!!
I did however find a stage costume company which sells gold plated expandable rings for £2.99!! grin

wonkylegs Fri 05-Apr-13 18:11:45

My fingers go up and down thanks to rheumatoid arthritis. I have my platinum wedding band and a larger White gold copy. I vary between wearing the copy and wearing the original on a chain depending on what I feel like or the state of my hands. I've been doing this for 6yrs now.

RenterNomad Fri 05-Apr-13 18:31:38

Someone recently linked to this jewellers, whose incomplete circlets (e.g. leaf or quill rings) might do, or you could get a local jeweller to make you a band with overlapping/ flaring out ends?

olivertheoctopus Fri 05-Apr-13 18:35:08

I had my wedding and engagement big resized (free) by the jewellers when I was pg with DS1. Now pg with DS3 and will get sized back down once done child-bearing and thin again!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: