Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Looking to buy an expandable wedding ring

(9 Posts)
MissTweed Fri 05-Apr-13 07:50:13

Does anyone know where I can get one of these?? I only got married in November and because of my pregnancy I am now unable to wear my rings. I have had a look on the net but have had no luck. I just want a plain band, not too fussed on colour.
TIA

OddBoots Fri 05-Apr-13 07:52:38

I'm not sure if such a thing exists, I just bought a cheap larger sized ring to wear in my pregnancies (but as I had 5 pregnancies in the end it worked out great value!).

Rockchick1984 Fri 05-Apr-13 09:34:07

As previous poster said - I bought a cheap set from Debenhams which looked like a wedding and engagement ring, in a larger size. If its any help, I went from a ring size K pre pregnancy to a size O by my due date.

cupcake78 Fri 05-Apr-13 10:04:37

Also bought bigger rings. Old rings fitted again after about 10 days post baby so it doesn't last forever!

TerracottaPie Fri 05-Apr-13 10:42:48

I never thought about buying bigger rings. I just wore them on a chain around my neck.

MissTweed Fri 05-Apr-13 18:07:56

To add to the complication I also broke that finger (snapped the tendon which also pulled the bone away) 3 months ago which means my finger swells and goes down so buying a bigger sized ring is iffy as I never know what size my finger is going to be!!
I did however find a stage costume company which sells gold plated expandable rings for £2.99!! grin

wonkylegs Fri 05-Apr-13 18:11:45

My fingers go up and down thanks to rheumatoid arthritis. I have my platinum wedding band and a larger White gold copy. I vary between wearing the copy and wearing the original on a chain depending on what I feel like or the state of my hands. I've been doing this for 6yrs now.

RenterNomad Fri 05-Apr-13 18:31:38

Someone recently linked to this jewellers, whose incomplete circlets (e.g. leaf or quill rings) might do, or you could get a local jeweller to make you a band with overlapping/ flaring out ends?

olivertheoctopus Fri 05-Apr-13 18:35:08

I had my wedding and engagement big resized (free) by the jewellers when I was pg with DS1. Now pg with DS3 and will get sized back down once done child-bearing and thin again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now