Talk

Advanced search

Total emotional wreck!!!

(14 Posts)
RJM17 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:19:28

I think I just need somewhere to chat about how I'm feeling as I haven't really told all our friends yet and the ones I have told dont have children so wouldn't understand anyway.
I am a total emotional mess at the minute. One minute I am laughing and joking with DH next I am screaming at him then seconds later I am crying!! I just don't know what is going on!! I cried for an hour watching eastenders and then I cried watching obem!! The slightet thing and I'm off especially of its about babies!!
Has anyone else had crazy mood swings? Or felt like this?
Oh I am only 7 weeks pregnant which is why I am thinking that I shouldn't be like this yet surely!! X

cupcake78 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:29:33

The first few months are emotionally hard! Your not going insane or losing the plot, your simply pregnant.

7weeks is a stressful time, your body is getting used to the idea of pregnancy. It's being taken over and doing what it needs to but yes this can leave you emotionally erratic.

I and a few of my close friends found the weeks around when periods would be due to be the worst for this. I would cry for the sake of crying and if I was laughed at for doing it heaven help anyone in the same room.

It should settle!

sittinginthesun Thu 04-Apr-13 21:32:09

Oh yes, I was a bloody nightmare!

It does calm down (around 3 months).

Congratulations, btw. smile

RJM17 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:34:02

Yeah I know that feeling. I cried yesterday because I dropped some pasta and DH laughed and we ended up arguing and not talking for two hours!! I just thought I was going totally crazy!
But the last two weeks have been hell and the fact that I have been really worried about the pregnancy (2 previous mc) hasn't helped!! I think I've driven my DH and mum and hospital crazy as the slightest thing I want checking out, I've already had 3 scans.
But I just don't feel 'normal'.
I feel totally messed up and not myself and don't know what to do x

Lj8893 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:36:04

Yep I'm exactly the same!!! I cried watching the great British bake off when the audience clapped at someone's pudding coming out whole of the pudding bowl. Full flowing tears, I was just so happy for them! Thankfully I was alone otherwise god knows what my partner would have thought!!

LadyMetroland Thu 04-Apr-13 21:40:56

Not much you can do but stick it out. First 12wks of pregnancy are often the worst as your hormones go crazy, you feel utterly knackered and generally crap and sick. But you can't tell anyone. Best thing is to keep busy to take your mind off it and get lots of early nights! Hope you feel better soon.

RJM17 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:44:00

Ah LJ I dunno what is going on with me I cry when I'm happy, when I'm sad!! My DH had to wake me up the other night because I was crying in my sleep!! How weird is that!!
I feel like I'm totally losing who I am at the minute! I don't feel like myself anymore! And I then I feel guilty for feeling this way when I should just be happy that I'm pregnant and that everything is ok. And I just can't explain it to my DH because it doesn't even make sense to me!
I'm going mad! X

RJM17 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:44:58

Thanks lady!! I thought I was just going mad but glad to hear its not just me x

Alexandra6 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:51:22

Yep I'm 6 weeks and an emotional wreck, cried at Masterchef the other day because someone did really well and I was happy for them?!? WTF! Luckily DH thinks it's lovely that I'm emotional (I was always a little bit like this but it's more exaggerated with the hormones!)

Lj8893 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:52:48

Alexandra read my comment regarding British bake off, your not alone in the happiness for cookery contestants!

LemonPeculiarJones Thu 04-Apr-13 21:58:47

Makes complete sense, is completely normal! Your body is undergoing an immense thing, you are creating a whole new person inside your body. You're going to feel all sorts of things differently for a while!

18 weeks pg here and still emotional, sobbing at the tv, back aching like a bastard, forgetful, exhausted (oh the joys!).

DH understands that I am in the thick of a physical phenomenon and respects that my moods and emotions will be up and down. I'm sure he doesn't always find it easy though!

Alexandra6 Thu 04-Apr-13 22:00:34

grin ha I skim read and missed that! Glad it's not just me! Clearly cookery programmes are not safe for preggers women! Neither is the film Babe (trust me, waterworks) or reruns of Gavin and Stacy when she finally gets her BFP blush

RJM17 Thu 04-Apr-13 22:32:38

Thanks Lemon!
I am even crying at how nice and understanding u are all being! I need to sort it out though. I work with young children and they are all confused as to why I cry and walk out the room when one if them does something good or bad!! Lol.
My DH has been understanding so far but keeps asking me how I feel and I can't really explain it!! X

RJM17 Fri 05-Apr-13 09:39:39

Well I got up in a great mood and then 5 mins later I am crying because there is no milk for my cereal!
Seriously what do babies do to us?!? They turn us into blabbering fools.
Can't wait to start feeling normal again so I can actually enjoy being pregnant!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now