Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feel like I've been kicked in the crotch. SPD?

(5 Posts)
LadyFlumpalot Thu 04-Apr-13 15:18:05

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and I have started getting an unpleasant ache like I have been bruised between my legs, it feels exactly like the ache I had after I had DS by forceps.

It gets worse after walking or standing. It's ok whilst moving, but very uncomfortable when still.

Does this sound like SPD? If so, what can I do to help the discomfort?

JellyCurls Thu 04-Apr-13 15:27:20

Sounds like SPD, contact midwife for a referral to a maternity Physio. Keep legs together, sleep with pillow between legs, keep weight evenly spread and take paracetamol for pain. Also avoid high heels. I am 14 weeks and already suffering quite bad so you have my sympathies

ExpatAl Thu 04-Apr-13 15:30:06

Try these exercises mutusystem.com/exercise-for-symphysis-pubis-dysfunction-spd-or-pelvic-girdle-pain-pgp-i-pregnancy-how-exercise-can-help.html

atrcts Thu 04-Apr-13 15:30:35

Definitely SPD. Having a forceps delivery caused my SPD in the first pregnancy, and it lasted 2 years! Now I'm pregnant again it's getting worse by the week as the pregnancy gets heavier.

Remember to avoid heavy lifting too, as I've just lifted my crying toddler and now it feels like I've broken my pelvic bones grin

LadyFlumpalot Thu 04-Apr-13 16:40:24

Thank you! I have my 16 week check tomorrow morning so I'll mention it then. Yes, it has certainly gotten worse since I wrestled a tantrumming 2.3 year old into his car seat last weekend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now