Talk

Advanced search

Encouraging movement ?

(7 Posts)
curlyclaz13 Thu 04-Apr-13 15:10:53

30 + 4 and baby is quite quiet today, not really ever been very wriggly but only felt him a couple of times today. Tried cold drink and not much difference I will phone the hospital later if nothing changes. I am at work until 5.30 and am wondering if there are any other tricks to make him move more ?

beatlegirl Thu 04-Apr-13 15:13:07

Call now, don't wait. x

Msbluesky32 Thu 04-Apr-13 15:23:03

Call straight away. Buy a cold fizzy drink on the way and give that a go - mine always moves with ice cold lemonade x

weeblueberry Thu 04-Apr-13 15:23:55

I had this the week before last - baby is normally a real wriggler but she had a very very quiet day. Even after lunch (when she normally goes mad) I didn't feel much. Had a cup of coffee - nothing. So, although I could still feel very slight movements, I called triage and asked for their opinion. They said to drink a sugary drink and lie on my left for an hour. If there still wasn't movement at that stage I should go in. Luckily my boss saw how stressed I was and told me to go home where, of course, she started going mad. envy

Take a very short break away from your desk and make a quick call (even if you have to do it in the loo!). The chances are they'll tell you to do something similar to what I was instructed. If you're worried about your coworkers reaction it's just one of those times you're going to have to shrug it off I'm afraid. No person worth their salt is going to think twice about letting you go early if they did say to go to the hospital.

Let us know how you get on.

weeblueberry Thu 04-Apr-13 15:24:37

Sorry I should say the baby started going mad, not my boss. grin

curlyclaz13 Thu 04-Apr-13 16:26:28

So about ten minutes after posting he did a big roll and have had a few kicks since ! Will keep an eye on it but feel far happier now. Thanks all x

Havingkittens Thu 04-Apr-13 17:37:21

I went in to be monitored last week and the midwife said next time to try two glasses of ice cold water, something sweet and then lie on your left side for half an hour. I learned the most sure fire way to get them moving was to go in and get monitored. They left me on my own hooked up for about 25 mins. As soon as she left the room the wriggling started!

I also really noticed that for the first 15 mins that I didn't have my phone to go online or a book to read that I noticed every little movement, whereas when she came back in and I'd asked her to pass my bag over, that once I had a distraction I didn't notice as much movement. It is a good idea to get monitored if you're worried but what I'm saying is that it's easy to think there's been less movement than there actually has sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now