Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possible mucous plug day after sweep?

(6 Posts)
Tinkerbell43 Thu 04-Apr-13 13:15:41

Hi all,
I had my second sweep yesterday and today I noticed snot like discharge coming away when I wipe, I just went to the loo and there was rather a lot of it wasn't discoloured at all, was clear with a yellow tinge but no blood at all could this be my plug?
And has anyone gone into labour soon after losing it? x

Fakebook Thu 04-Apr-13 13:57:55

My "plug" was blood tinged with DS. The first bit was clear mucousy blood tinged. Then about 5 hours later at night (3am) another bit came away that was like tough red jelly.
I was in labour all that day with mild contractions and I was in full on labour by about 11pm. DS was born at 2.47am.

So ime, yes labour normally starts quite quickly after losing your plug! Good luck!

poocatcherchampion Fri 05-Apr-13 07:22:41

sounds like your plug. mine didn't bring on labour sadly so don't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen straight away

Welovegrapes Fri 05-Apr-13 07:23:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EcoHippyMum Fri 05-Apr-13 08:20:01

I went into labour within about two/three hours of having my sweep, didn't even see the plug. But the labour was extremely fast.

Imnotaslimjim Fri 05-Apr-13 09:08:17

Mine was like yours, clear straw coloured. I laboured slowly all day while it came away in dribs and drabs. Lost a large amount that was blood tinged just 15 minutes before DS made his rapid appearance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now