Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Uncomfortable wriggling sensation (almost like gas) - baby engaging?

(10 Posts)
weeblueberry Thu 04-Apr-13 13:05:23

I'm 35 weeks and while baby was breech a few weeks ago I'm fairly certain she's gone upside down in the last fortnight or so wink

The last couple of days I've had quite uncomfortable wriggling sensations as well as tentative kicks later in the evening and wondered if anyone felt this might be her establishing herself and becoming engaged? It's definitely an achy pain (ie I'm not necessarily concerned about it). Just wondering what she's likely up to in there. smile

Fairy130389 Thu 04-Apr-13 13:15:30

Don't know but am watching carefully because I've been having the same!

Msbluesky32 Thu 04-Apr-13 13:27:45

Where do you feel the kicks? Mines been engaged for a while and I feel full on cat stretch leg pushes right under my right rib. She switches sides but her back is either side of my belly button facing downwards. I often feel hiccups really low too. Do you feel like you need to go to the loo more often? I found this when she started to move downwards as the pressure is resting right on your bladder iykwim

weeblueberry Thu 04-Apr-13 14:43:38

Yes I'm definitely feeling kicks and pushes right under my right ribs so I assume that's her leg. I'm also going to the loo more often again (after not needing so much in my second trimester...). I'm never sure about the hiccups thing though because I often feel little movements that I assume are hiccups but then think 'nah they're far too regular for that'.

Msbluesky32 Thu 04-Apr-13 15:26:50

Sounds like she is head down to me. They probably are hiccups! Im 39 +3 and mine has them at least once a day, sometimes two or three times. They are a good sign - it is something to do with the development of the lungs and practise for breathing.

glossyflower Thu 04-Apr-13 16:31:40

Im 37 weeks. My baby is head down and 2/5ths engaged.
I feel hiccups very low down and sometimes feel them in my bottom!
Baby turns from right to left, can feel mostly where it's bottom is and I get feet in the ribs. Very uncomfortable sometimes when it feels like baby stretches out!
Occasionally I get a very heavy pressure feeling in my bottom and period type cramping low down, I assume this is baby engaging further or having a move of the head like a little owl!

glossyflower Thu 04-Apr-13 16:33:10

Also my bump has dropped significantly, it's much easier to breathe now and indigestion is not as bad. smile

weeblueberry Thu 04-Apr-13 16:38:59

Yes glossy! My indigestion has really gone away in the last week and breathing is much easier. It all is making sense now I'm adding it all up. grin

glossyflower Thu 04-Apr-13 18:32:18

Baby blueberry is making a start! grin

weeblueberry Thu 04-Apr-13 19:37:25

Oh my goodness I really hope so. Feels like the end is very near now!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now