Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could I be?

(10 Posts)
Nobioparents Thu 04-Apr-13 03:17:56

Hi Ladies,
I am quite concerned and wanted some reassurance.

Background:
I'm 20, 21 in 8 weeks and have been in a relationship with my 19 year old boyfriend for almost a year and I am a few months away from finishing my degree and graduation which I'm really hoping wont be messed up. I am on the pill.

The Story:
My cycle is usually pretty regular, 30 days long. I've never not had my period. My partner has always finished inside me during sex due to the implant. On 8th March we did the deed thinking nothing of it. However my period was due Monday and it hasn't arrived making me 4 days late.

I have also been having some interesting bodily changes; I have had cramping around my lower abdormen, lower down than my usual period pain and feeling different as well. My period pain is almost like I'm being stabbed from the inside, whereas this pain felt like a ball being moved from the right side of my abdormen to my left side. My boobs have been incredibly sore and red and I've also noticed I have an increased sex drive. During sex my partner has said that I am incredibly tight, which I think means my cervix is low.

I know I can't be certain until I do a test, but I am nervous. Could all the symptoms mean I'm pregnant?

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Thu 04-Apr-13 04:46:44

You need to do a test ASAP so you can deal with a potential positive.

For what it's worth, you'd be due well after you finish uni, and with help from family could be no worse off career wise than anyone. A friend had a baby in her 3rd year and went on to do a postgraduate and got a great job.

It might not be ideal, but also might not be a disaster.

Likewise, deciding this is not the right time is also ok.

There will be welfare people at the uni who can help.

You could just be late due to exam stress, etc.

Ellypoo Thu 04-Apr-13 08:40:59

Are you on the pill or implant? Your post mentions both. If its the pill, then you have withdrawal bleeds, rather than proper periods as your body hasn't released an egg. Have you missed taking any?
If its the implant, how long have you had it?
The only way to know is to do a test, but if you are only a few months away from finishing your degree, then if you are pg, baby will be due after you finish anyway.

Nobioparents Fri 05-Apr-13 00:55:45

Sorry I was tired when I wrote this. I'm on the pill but did want the implant.

I have taken a test which came back negative, but I still feel different. My boyfriend has said he has noticed other changes with my body, which would indicate to him that I am pregnant, so we're going to take another test at the weekend and I have made a doctors appointment for next week.

I'm terrified, my bio mum wants nothing to do with me (hasn't had anything to do with me since I was 2), and my dad died when I was 8 so other than my step-mum who brought me up I don't really have any family.

Nobioparents Fri 05-Apr-13 02:05:06

Symptoms my boyfriend says I have (and now I've started noticing): I'm peeing a lot, and in really irritable as well little things are making me feel emotional and I want to cry. My areolas are definitely darker in colour and my nipples won't move from errect.

I also feel fatter particularly around my hips and pelvic area. My backs also been sore. I know I need to retest but I'm terrified.

Lj8893 Fri 05-Apr-13 11:59:55

It sounds very early to be having all of those symptoms and you have had a negative test so I'm sure your fine! There could be all sorts of reasons you have missed a period and are having funny symptoms.

But you do need to take a test again, it won't just go away. And stressing isn't going to help if your period is just late, it will just make it even later!

Good luck smile

Tinkerbell43 Fri 05-Apr-13 13:06:22

I'd do a test ASAP.
I got pregnant on the pill which has the same hormone as the implant only in pill form, the mini pull the one you take every day - I never missed one so it was a major shock when I fell pregnant!
I'm now 41+2 weeks pregnant & booked in for induction on Monday morning.. So it is definitely possible you could be pregnant especially with your list of symptoms !

Tinkerbell43 Fri 05-Apr-13 13:08:36

Should also mention I had 2 negative results before testing positive! x

Nobioparents Fri 05-Apr-13 13:59:34

My boyfriend thinks I'm further along than first suspected, he thinks I didn't have much of a period in March so I could actually be about 8 weeks, I certainly feel different.

Retest came back negative but I am going to go and see my doctor next week.

Lj8893 Fri 05-Apr-13 14:14:56

Did you use the same brand test both times? Try another brand, it may make a difference!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now