Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

31wks and sharp pains down below

(6 Posts)
BusyBee86 Wed 03-Apr-13 20:12:30

I'm 31wks and over the last work I've had period pains a dull ache on and off. Now the last two days, I've been having sharp pains down below. Kind of like the baby is kicking me down there of something. But it's so uncomfortable it really hurts.
Had anyone got any ideas what this might be? Cervix dilating? Early signs of labour? Or just normal for this stage in pregnancy?

Peka Wed 03-Apr-13 20:55:18

Hi me too - ouch ouch ouch! I have been telling everyone at work the baby is trying to dig its way out too early when they ask why I keep wincing and jumping (TMI I know! But I quite like shocking them smile). I think it's just baby getting comfy down there - my bump is quite small and there isn't much space I think so I get a lot of discomfort in my ribs and cervix, feels like it's trying to stand up in there. I even began to worry that I might be going into premature labour as it was so bad earlier today. Have decided to just take a bath and take it easy as I think it has been related to overdoing it a bit (baby kicks when I am too active!). And having regained my sanity now I'm home, as this is my second baby I can categorically say it's nothing like labour, which doesn't start in your cervix like that at all... more like hugging pains around your lower torso, coming from lower/middle back for me and nausea and just general weirdness that you can't really explain.

BusyBee86 Wed 03-Apr-13 21:05:49

It's not just me then lol it's sooo uncomfortable isn't it! Maybe I will have a bath and see if that relaxes him. Hope it's stops before I go to bed or ill be up jumping all night! Can't keep still when it happensshock

cupcake78 Wed 03-Apr-13 21:11:42

Same here and I'm 28 wks.

NewlywedUpTheDuff Wed 03-Apr-13 21:11:46

I am 32 weeks today and I get the pains below too. It feels like a lot of pressure so the baby is pushing on my cervix hmm uncomfortable!

Peka Wed 03-Apr-13 21:29:35

Yes it's really not very glamorous, but then when baby goes quiet I start to worry! Not for long though wink. I should be much more sensible as I have been through this before but hormones not helping! Hope you get a break tonight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now