Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nearly 33 weeks dull ache

(4 Posts)
Bunnychan Wed 03-Apr-13 18:20:26

Hi ladies,
For the last few days my skin has felt really tight and stretched around my bump and I've been having on/off aches around the top of bump and rib cage. It either feels like I'm wearing a corset that is too tight or that my rib cage is too small or like my muscles at the top are being pulled down by my bump. It's very uncomfortable and gets worse at night. It's not intermittent, it lasts for hours.
Has any else experienced this/ found a way to cure it?
Many thanks x

Cordial Wed 03-Apr-13 20:10:48

Marking place, I get this at end of the day. Feel almost bruised on the top of bump!

Ellypoo Wed 03-Apr-13 20:18:07

It sounds like rib flare, very common apparently. As the baby grows it pushes everything upwards which can force your lower ribs out.

SmokeyEyes Wed 03-Apr-13 21:34:08

Hi Bunnychan, I know exactly how you're feeling. I'm nearly 33 weeks and haven't really had any aches and pains until this week. My ribs felt a bit bruised at the beginning of the week and I wasnt sure if I'd pulled a muscle. It was really painful yesterday but quite mild again today. It almost feels like my bra strap is too tight but even when I take my bra off, it's still there. I had a little feel and realised baby had ben under my ribs when she moved. My mum and friends all assured me they had the same and perfectly normal. It still doesn't make it less uncomfortable but at least it's normal! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now