Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Working evenings so so exhausted

(7 Posts)
Becky2406 Wed 03-Apr-13 16:15:10

I'm only 15 weeks with baby number4 and I only work 24 hours but omg I'm so exsursted all my shifts are in the evenings starting between 4-5pm but finish at 10-11pm I'm up with the kids early every day and then have then board ( easter hols) kids,
I do have a hubby who at the mo dosnt work but at the mo even if he's here it makes no odds I'm still tirad
Iv asked work to swap to days but heard nothing.
It's the 11pm finish that I struggle with the most sad and yep u gussied it its tonight.
I'm eating sandwiches for lunch and sandwichs for tea I'm sure that's not helping I'm worried how that's going to effect my unborn baby too.
Sorry I'm just moaning I know there are many ppl out there who get it so much worse than me

Tiredtrout Wed 03-Apr-13 18:32:41

Why can't your dh get up with your dc's to let you have a lie in after a late shift. He could also cook enough for all of you while you're on lates and plate it up so that you have it for lunch the next day. It's absolutely exhausting working lates while pg. I do 7 in a row 14-00 and that is the only way I cope. Only problem is I don't see the other dc as much as I'd like when I'm working

Tiredtrout Thu 04-Apr-13 12:41:31

How you doing today becky?

Becky2406 Wed 10-Apr-13 10:14:00

Hi I'm still tirade it's hard but has got easier the further I get in to the 2nd trimester. I think it's due to being over weight ( tmi sorry) my bumps huge I'm 16 weeks now and started getting Brixton hick I think they fun .... Not sad as for food .... Good idea about plating up and having the next day will suggest it smile thanks for your reply smile x sorry you don't see your dc because of work sadit's so hard being a mummy sad

Bejeena Wed 10-Apr-13 11:01:47

What are the UK employment laws? I live abroad and the rules here are if you are pregnant you cannot work later than 8pm in a normal office job or if your job is service/shift based no later than 10pm. I would have thought it was the norm in UK too? I totally understand am shattered by 9pm and I don't have any other kids to look after so don't know how people cope in 2nd and 3rd pregnancies.

Becky2406 Wed 10-Apr-13 16:05:30

I have no idea ?? I work in a supermarket in the pharmacy and on the tills it's a 24 hour store. It's so hard I'm working tonight till 11pm it's so hard I hate it sad

Tiredtrout Tue 16-Apr-13 06:03:47

Unfortunately it's all ok for us to work any hours as long as consideration is given to pregnancy. I'm nearly done though only 5 more earlies and 7 lates to go till the due date.

At least I'm not working nights at the moment because I would really struggle doing that.

Glad the plating up thing helped becky and I hope you start to get a bit of rest soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now