Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

HELP NO periods but no sex either!!

(6 Posts)
Georgiesmum Thu 11-May-06 12:03:24

Hi I need some advise, I havent had a period in about 3 months! I was on the pill but then I had to start taking antibiotics for an infection so as I have to take a break from my pills every few minths or so i thought I would do it then. I had some minor spotting that week and since then NOTHING!! I havent gone back on my pills yet as I am waiting for a period.

No the logical reason would be Im pregnant [shoc] but I cant be, dd has been ill and ive been tired alot and to be quite honest until last week dp and I havent had it in about 4 months or more. I dont "feel" pregnant either.

Any advise? Or does anyone have a spare pregnancy test just it case

queenrollo Thu 11-May-06 12:57:05

when i came off the pill to ttc it was 3 months before i had a period. doctor offered no explanation but having found support on another forum with many ladies going through this it's not uncommon.
i'd do a pg test to be SURE and then go to your gp, mine gave me blood test to check hormones etc.

hope you get sorted........

lexiemum Thu 11-May-06 22:09:10

friend in similar boat - came off pill in dec (with view to get preg) but no period until mid march. initially did pg test (£1 in savers) and negative - went into GP's who redid test and took bloods etc to see what was wrong - wasn't anything, just body getting used to change.

life went on, had period then fell pregnant.

girrafey Fri 12-May-06 08:03:35

hey gm. hope your ok,, you ignoring me? havnt had a reply to the email i sent you. hope georgie is recovered from my noisy dd.

my friend came off the pill and dint have a period for 9 months. ( not pg) its all the artifical hormones and pur normal ones tryingto balance them out. x

Georgiesmum Fri 12-May-06 14:22:55

AJ, Can you email me again, I dont have one from you!!

Georhie is fine, your DD wsnt really THAT loud!

Gingeme Thu 18-May-06 20:32:09

Hi Georgiesmum. It took me about 6 months to have a period after coming off the pill the last time. It also depends how long youve been on the pill. I know its easier said than done but try not to stress about it too much cause that realy doesnt help either. I had the depot injection last year too and it took a year for my periods to return and that was with the help of acupuncture. That worked wonders cause I had it last October and fell pregnant in Jan of this year!! Hope that helped a little but as everyone else is telling you its probably your hormones trying to sort themselves out after being controled all this time by artificial ones.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: