Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Did you feel anything when baby engaged?

(3 Posts)
cupcake78 Tue 02-Apr-13 10:23:24

I've been getting a feeling of pressure in my bottom and sharpe pains in my cervix and I'm unsure what's going on.

It could be just ligaments but I'm 28wks. Can't remember feeling this with ds but he was back to back and never really engaged.

EntWife Tue 02-Apr-13 16:01:20

When DD1 engaged it felt like there was a bowling ball sitting on the top of my vagina. I waddled like i was trying to hold it between my thighs. she engaged at about 35 weeks but was back to back so the engagement never triggered labour and i ended up going 2 weeks overdue.

DD2 engaged and then disengaged repeatedly from about 30 weeks. felt the same. a bloody great bowling ball.

Msbluesky32 Tue 02-Apr-13 16:04:16

Same as entwife and I'm experiencing it more now (39 weeks +1). When my baby dropped at 33 weeks I also had period type pains and the MW said this was probably down to baby's head moving down and stretching things. It makes me want the toilet non stop now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now