Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Painful bloated stomach

(6 Posts)
EllenS Tue 02-Apr-13 10:00:01

Hello, I'm 12 weeks & have had morning sickness ever since day one which I managed to control by basically eating constantly from morning to night. Sometimes in the night I would wake up with what I imagine to be an empty stomach, if I haven't eaten for a while, I'd get really burpy but in the night, managed to last until the morning when I would quickly have toast & be ok again.

Yesterday I felt really really full after my evening meal (not especially late and not an especially large meal) to the point where it was painful - like when you stuff yourself & eat too much and I just thought that I'd eaten more than I thought.

The feeling lasted for hours and I woke up at 4am still in pain & couldn't sleep. I haven't been able to go to work this morning, it's a little better now but I still feel like I can't face anything to eat - which I know I should do. I've managed some milk, a banana & some blueberries.

So long build up (sorry!), I know feeling bloated is common but this was really painful - but is that all it is bloating? Or is it indigestion? Trapped wind? What can I take for it? I took Deflatine at 4 am but it didn't really help.

Any help or suggestions really appreciated please. Thought I'd go to the pharmacy later to see if they can recommend something, but I also was hoping someone had had similar experiences & could help.

Thanks

saycheeeeeese Tue 02-Apr-13 10:03:56

I had bad bloating too, until about 16 weeks.
Definitely speak to your pharmacist to get some relief, just eat little and often and avoid big dinners, if I ate too big a dinner I'd projectile vomit it back up.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 02-Apr-13 10:29:32

I found a regular probiotic has really helped with these symptoms.

glossyflower Tue 02-Apr-13 10:55:20

Peppermint capsules may help with the bloating.

pettyprudence Tue 02-Apr-13 10:57:44

ah the joys of pregnancy. i was seriously bloated and farted non stop from weeks 12-16 then it eased a bit grin
windeze is your friend grin

Ilovestackingcups Tue 02-Apr-13 20:23:10

Hi OP, I had the same, and have hopefully just come out of the woods now at 15 weeks. First, don't worry about not getting enough in for the baby; it will pull what it needs from your body. You do need to eat, but to keep your strength up. If you can, get a lot of rest whilst you're off work. I found just lying in bed really helped me (maybe took pressure off tummy?) and drinking fresh mint tea. The more hydrated I was, the better I felt.
Just keep repeating to yourself: it IS normal, it WILL go away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now