Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anxiety Tablets and Pregnancy

(4 Posts)
HumptyDumpty2 Tue 02-Apr-13 08:43:07

I can off my anxiety tablets when I fell pregnant (DC2) as taking tablets while pregnant makes it worse, but after 27 weeks its getting worse again on its own.

Just wondered if anyone knows what tablets are safe to take while pregnant? I'm freaking out about it.....

Tia!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 02-Apr-13 09:49:35

There are some that are deemed as safe - some docs are happy to prescribe citalopram with monitoring. I'm sure setraline is pretty safe too. You need to discuss it with your GP though to establish the best option for you. I'd see your MW too. I have a history of anxiety and my MW said if I needed to she would see me every week to monitor my mood. I didn't need it but I've been glad to know its there if I needed it.

HumptyDumpty2 Tue 02-Apr-13 13:41:46

Been this morning and gp prescribed setraline but I made the mistake of reading the label and it says that it hasn't been proved safe in pregnancy...and my unhelpful dh made a big deal of how I'm going to worry about taking the tablets so now I'm too scared to take them sad

That was kind of your MW I think I'll see mine again and talk to her

shutitweirdo Tue 02-Apr-13 13:58:33

I was on sertraline when pregnant 50mg which is a very small dose. I was a little worried but the dr told me to trust her and she wouldn't put me or baby at risk. The leaflet is just to cover them incase of a reaction. Baby and I were prefectly ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now