Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this finally it?

(5 Posts)
glossyflower Mon 01-Apr-13 11:53:16

I'm 37 weeks today. Last week I thought my waters had gone as I had two seperate trickles followed by a contraction type pain. The fluid wasnt much and nothing more came since. The pains were not regular but on the odd day since I have had one off contraction type pains. These are low down crampy period type pain with lower back ache.
Yesterday, I had a very long day taking my dad to a hospital 50 miles away in the morning, he was admitted to hospital and I did not get home til 8pm. (Things are a little stressful as he's been quite poorly post bone marrow transplant).
I had a few tightenings since yesterday.
Last night I had a contraction type pain, lasting a minute or so and a couple of hours later followed by another one.
None since but I've been getting the tightenings this morning, I have had loose stools and have vomited.
I generally feel uncomfortable in my bump but nothing specific or regular. I do feel a pressure right in my bottom which can be intense.
I'm wondering if its the beginning of things or if it was just the stress of yesterday.
My worry is that I am alone, if anything happens. DH works an hour away and my mum who was also planning to be with me will be with my dad at another hospital, also about an hour away.
I wanted to see my dad today but don't think I can risk it, although the Addenbrookes Rosie maternity unit looks lovely!
Even if things aren't really progressing I'm feeling a bit lonely just going through this on my own at home.
Any ideas?
Xxx

butterflyexperience Mon 01-Apr-13 12:25:30

Hi

Have you spoken to your mw?
If your waters have gone you need to see someone

X

PurplePoppySeed Mon 01-Apr-13 12:25:51

Have you seen anyone to check if your waters did go? Personally I'd call the midwife or pop in to see someone just in case. I might be wrong but I thought they monitored you after your waters go to ensure you avoid infection etc?

glossyflower Mon 01-Apr-13 12:28:39

Last week when I had the leak I called the labour ward. The MW there wasn't concerned at all as the leak was a small amount, she just said see how I go and if the pain worsens. She suggested it might just be a urinary tract infection to take paracetamol and wait to see what happened.
I never called them back because the pains I subsequently got were one offs. Xxx

glossyflower Mon 01-Apr-13 22:51:14

More back ache with period type cramping again. Only mild though but do get the intense pressure in my bottom with it.
I think it does come and go but because its mildly uncomfortable it's hard to time between each one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now