Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help - reduced movement and braxton hicks

(18 Posts)
LittlePickleHead Mon 01-Apr-13 11:10:08

I'm worrying myself into a tiz, and DH has just taken dd swimming so I'm on my own.

I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and I've had a few bouts of braxton hicks. Last night I was aware of having them throughout the night, whilst not overly painful thy are a bit stingy and def disturbed my sleep. I realised this morning that I hadn't felt any kicks through the night but I'm not sure if that's because of the braxton hicks.

This morning I have had a bath to try as ease the pains, but also as it normally gets the baby moving. I think I've felt a few movements but no discernible kicks, whereas normally in the bath my tummy is jiggling all over the place! I've now eaten some chocolate and drunk some coke, which hasn't resulted in much (again I think I have felt some movement but its not been strong).

I'm doing that typical thing of not wanting to make a fuss over nothing, and a it's bank holiday I'm guessing ill have to go into labour ward to get it checked out.

Wwyd - give it a bit longer to see if he starts kicking properly, or call them now (we have plans today and I feel really bad about scuppering them)?

Nishky Mon 01-Apr-13 11:11:21

I would call them now personally. hope its ok

Hawkmoth Mon 01-Apr-13 11:12:54

Call now, they'll want to check but it won't take all day.

lightrain Mon 01-Apr-13 11:13:31

I would drink something very cold, lie down and see if I felt movements. If not, then I'd phone the hospital. Don't sit there worrying, if you can't feel anything you need to get it checked out.

Hope everything is fine - I'm sure it will be.

Choccybaby Mon 01-Apr-13 11:18:35

Please dont delay any longer. Your post indicates something is different. It may well be nothing, but if it is you'll regret it if you don't phone labour ward right now and get cheked out as soon as possible.

Newmum2013 Mon 01-Apr-13 11:21:42

I had same yesterday. They told me to go in and was monitored for half an hour. Everything was fine and made us feel much more reassured. Dont hesitate in ringing

BabyHMummy Mon 01-Apr-13 11:22:19

Ring the hospital hun. Chances are baby is just having a quiet day but you need to be certain

LittlePickleHead Mon 01-Apr-13 11:23:20

Thanks for all the messages, calling them now, wish DH was here!

Nishky Mon 01-Apr-13 11:24:17

good on you- get it sorted and enjoy the day- how long will he be?

LittlePickleHead Mon 01-Apr-13 11:26:06

I guess they will be out of the pool at 12? Ill see what the labour ward say, not sure whether to wait for him or not

tuckingfits Mon 01-Apr-13 12:06:58

I wouldn't wait personally. I'd just get on & make the call & get yourself & baby checked out. Hope all's ok,please update us.

wifey6 Mon 01-Apr-13 12:44:46

Definitely give your MW or labour ward a call & get some advice & monitoring.
Always best to check any change in baby's usual activity for reassurance.

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Mon 01-Apr-13 13:18:17

Did you ring chick? Try and let us know how you get on thanks

LittlePickleHead Mon 01-Apr-13 13:22:32

Back from the labour ward - all ok (aside from the regular BH which they have said to keep an eye on). He still wasn't moving much but I guess he's just having a lazy bank holiday Monday! Thanks for all the advice, feel a lot better now my mind has been put at rest smile

Nishky Mon 01-Apr-13 14:23:15

Good news!

wifey6 Mon 01-Apr-13 14:36:29

That's wonderful news

Newmum2013 Mon 01-Apr-13 19:05:03

Glad everything is good. Xx

tuckingfits Mon 01-Apr-13 21:59:35

Oh I am glad you got checked & got reassurance! Have been thinking about you all afternoon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now