Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sinusitus after surgery

(5 Posts)
juniper9 Mon 01-Apr-13 10:40:38

I have sinus surgery last year after suffering with chronic sinusitus for years. Since then, I still get bouts of sinusitis but not as bad as it was.

I'm now 14 weeks pregnant and for the last few days I've been in quite a lot of pain. This morning I blew my nose and found blood, which is unusual for me (bar just post surgery). I also dreamt about my ENT surgeon last night!

I've recently been discharged from ENT so don't think I can contact my own surgeon easily to ask for advice, and GPs seem to be a bit rubbish re sinus problems (from my experience).

Has anyone else found any ways to overcome sinus problems? I can't take my heavy duty antihistamines, sinus sprays have never helped and the bowl of steam thing is a load of rubbish.

Thanks smile

KamikazeeKid Mon 01-Apr-13 19:39:00

Hi fellow Sept buddy!
I had surgery 5 years ago it was a godsend!!
However during this pregnancy I've suffered awfully with sinusitis!
I have nothing constructive to add I'm afraid other than its got less painful and better this week (18)

Theres a spray I was given but was saline stuff so rubbish!!

roofio87 Mon 01-Apr-13 19:41:27

I don't know anything about sinitus but I've had nose bleeds and blood when blowing my nose since being pg,my midwife says that its all normal and quite common,down to those pesky hormones,so don't worry about that!!
hope u get it sorted smile

2Labradors Mon 01-Apr-13 20:51:09

Hiya

I had nose bleeds with both of my previous 2 pregnancies, I don't suffer with them when I'm not pregnant.

I had a nose bleed last Monday and got my BFP the day after.

If you're worried about the nose bleeds though and have any pain, you could always ask for a referral back to ENT from your GP xx

juniper9 Mon 01-Apr-13 23:30:07

Hello fellow Septemberers!

2labradors last time it took a year of hassling before my gp referred me, and then it took another year from first ENT appointment to surgery. I think my best port of call is contacting my gp and asking them to contact my consultant, but I don't know what practical advice they can offer. He basically threw loads of different drugs at me post op, and it hasn't stopped me getting infections (although I did ask him to write me a note saying I should get early retirement away from dirty 7 year olds... he wouldn't agree!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now