Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 year old 'jumped' on to my bump

(5 Posts)
pinkpip100 Mon 01-Apr-13 09:21:41

While I was lying in bed, my (luckily pretty small and skinny) 6 year old ds jumped across the bed and put the full force of one foot straight on my lower abdomen. I'm 23 weeks pregnant. It hurt quite a bit and still feels a little tender (happened around 30 mins ago). I have felt a few small movements from the baby since...do you think I should be worried? Obviously no access to midwife/gp today, plus we're staying with the in laws in the middle of nowhere. Any advice/words of wisdom very much appreciated...

Jemma1111 Mon 01-Apr-13 09:33:47

I wouldn't be overly worried if I were you as I would say everything is most probably fine , however, I think it would be best if you call your local maternity hospital (if the midwife is not available) and explain what's happened .

ClaireDeTamble Mon 01-Apr-13 09:36:46

Yes, I agree I think you should definitely call and ask whether you need to be checked out. While it is probably all ok, do not down play the force of the kick when you speak to them. Try not to worry in the meantime though xx

pinkpip100 Mon 01-Apr-13 10:11:53

Thanks for your replies - we're heading home this afternoon so will call the maternity ward on the way and see what they suggest.

learnermummy Tue 02-Apr-13 14:56:37

You've probably spoken to maternity ward now, but would just add that if you're rhesus negative then you might well need an anti-D injection.
Hope all OK x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now