Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Soo hungry but can't eat properly! Any tips?

(7 Posts)
NTMummy059 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:20:56

For the last couple of days I've been soo hungry.. But when I eat a meal I get to the 6th or 7th mouthful and I'm stuffed!
Feel so bloated like my stomach is going to explode! And then get hungry again in about an hour.. Really annoying looking forward to a lovely dinner and not being able to enjoy it sad
I'm 17 weeks pregnant so I know baby isn't taking up a whole load of space..
Basically my question is - how the hell do you eat meals once baby is much bigger/you're in 3rd trimester?!
Although this is my only complaint at the moment so I know I shouldn't be whining!!
Thanks smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 31-Mar-13 22:54:00

I've found this comes and goes. The key is keeping going is to make sure you get plenty of protein and to eat little and often. I work shifts and basically ate 4 small meals a day which helped. Interestingly I've found if anything now I'm nearly full term (36 weeks) I'm hungry and eating more! Wouldn't have thought it would fit!
If you're bloated, make sure you're drinking plenty of water and try taking a probiotic.

MammaCici Sun 31-Mar-13 23:12:15

That's good advice. Eat little and often. I eat whenever I'm hungry - every hour or so. I always have fruit, crackers and healthy snacks at hand for between meals.

FoofFighter Sun 31-Mar-13 23:37:09

Yeah just eat what you can when you can and don't get hung up on the fact you only ate an hour ago.

worsestershiresauce Mon 01-Apr-13 09:15:41

Eat what you can when you can. In the last trimester acid reflux meant I couldn't eat in the evenings so I ate my largest meal at breakfast time, and then various small meals and snacks until about 5pm. After that all I cold manage was some milk and biscuits. Also switch to low bulk energy and nutrient rich food (the type of thing most women avoid most of the time), so cheese and oatcakes, nut butters, fruit cake, eggs including the yolks, full fat milk and yoghurt etc. You still need fibre though so try and get it from dried fruit, peas and wholemeal rather than bulky fruit and veg.

MammaCici Mon 01-Apr-13 09:29:08

To avoid constipation my midwife recommended a fibre supplement. I have found it marvelous. Ispaghula husk. I buy a Swedish brand but here is a UK link about it. www.patient.co.uk/medicine/Ispaghula-husk.htm

I have a drink of it after breakfast and one after dinner. It's a total life saver for me as even when not pregnant I have problems in that area.

NTMummy059 Mon 01-Apr-13 10:02:17

Thank you all for the advice! Little and often sounds like the plan smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now