Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weird craving....

(7 Posts)
Rico08 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:51:08

Anyone having non food/drink cravings ?

I've read & heard stories about weird non food cravings so many times but didn't think it would be me. (I'm 33 week)

I'm craving.......rubber shock the smell and the taste

Ok I admit I do like the smell of certain types of rubber anyway but it's driving me mad. It's the tyre/car mats/hot water bottle rubber I just want to sniff it and even worse lick it !!!!

I'm sat here thinking of getting the hot water bottle out so I can have a smell and taste.

I know I'm weird..... Oh and I cannot get enough horseradish sauce (but not on the rubber lol)

Petcat Sun 31-Mar-13 23:00:19

I'm 31 weeks and have discovered I feel the same way about germolene. It's literally the most delicious smell in the world to me right now! Even thinking about it makes my mouth water... fortunately I have enough restraint to stop short of actually tasting it. I do like to wear a bit on the inside of my wrist though, so I can enjoy a sneaky sniff now and again.

YummyDollie Mon 01-Apr-13 00:51:43

I craved bars of soap a few weeks ago preferably Dove... I wanted to chew on chunks of it and knaw at it turns out when the midwife did my 36 week bloods I was anaemic which can cause cravings for non edible substances, funnily enough a couple of days after starting my iron tablets my craving for soap disappeared so there must be some truth in the PIKA/Iron Deficency theory grin

cupcake78 Mon 01-Apr-13 05:30:14

I was exactly the same with ds! Even bought a bath mat to chew blushblushblush.

Walking into tyre/ bike / car shops was a dream!

glossyflower Mon 01-Apr-13 09:59:36

Mothballs and damp musty flannels (kept a damp flannel in a plastix box to sniff whenever I wanted) Never ate them though! My cravings were really bad until I found out my iron was low. Taking iron supplements sorted out the cravings.

leaharrison11 Mon 01-Apr-13 11:08:19

I was the same for TCP and new shoes like the rubber in them, i took iron and it did help, i also used to chew ice couldn't get enough of it

Rico08 Mon 01-Apr-13 13:37:36

Thanks all

It's interesting about the iron because I have been very tired too. Will speak to hospital at my appointment on Wednesday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now