Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sharp collar bone pain

(6 Posts)
ClaryCazalet Sun 31-Mar-13 16:25:48

Hi I'd really welcome some advice as this is a new one on me. Am 15 weeks pg with second baby and have suddenly got a sharp pain in my left collar bone where it meets the shoulder - most of the time it's nagging rather than severe but it really hurts to bend down. Could this be anything serious do you think? I know shoulder pain is associated with ectopic pg but we've had two scans and this one is in the right place! But I have had three incidents of unexplained (red) bleeding between weeks 10 and 13 or thereabouts.

Any advice welcome - I've probably just slept on it funny but don't want to ignore it if I shouldn't.

Thank you!

Orianne Sun 31-Mar-13 17:39:02

Im not sure but didnt want to not answer. If i was you i would check with the Doctor/Nurse. I know gall bladder problems can happen in pregnancy but i think it may be other side. Better to check sooner to save yourself some worry. Good Luck and Congratulations!

hwjm1945 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:40:37

Look do not want to panic you and prob too late in pregnancy for this but . I thought this was a symptom ectopic?

ClaryCazalet Sun 31-Mar-13 18:22:03

Thanks both for your replies, think I will check with mw.

Hwjm I'd heard that too but baby was in uterus during scans so am presuming it can't be that.

Thanks for replying.

hwjm1945 Sun 31-Mar-13 19:55:07

Good,I was feeling a bit bad about panicking you...Good luck

Choccybaby Sun 31-Mar-13 20:07:15

If it hurts on movement you've probably strained a tendon/ligament by sleeping funny, lifting etc. it's very easy to stress joints with minimal trauma when your pregnant as everything gets more stretchy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now